Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

alizakaila

Reaction score
channel 13 did not air it

channel 13 did not air it;they reaired bert and ernie birthday party. Oh well

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and I got 4085, the Healthy Foods Game.

Oh well... se la vid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually was shocked to see a new episode aired. Maybe because by September, PBS will be teribly in disarray? Or maybe they just threw in one new episode to shut the fans up? Or it could have been a mistake.

I guess it all depends on what episode airs tomorrow. As I've noticed with Arthur and BTL, they throw in new episodes randomly, mixing them up with reruns.

DTF

Reaction score
Thought it might be new ones all this week on our local PBS station, channels 45/49 (which are sort of combined) but am now editing b/c I finally foudn that episode guide & it was one that was shown.

It's the game show where they try to name foods of different colors. Kinda okay, but not inspiring. I did like the Elmo's World on eating where he says everyone eats (or something like that) "unless Grover is their waiter" and they show a snippet from a classic segment, Blue saying "waiter, where's my food" and Grover coming out, slipping on something,a nd throwing lots of food int he air. I just caught snippets while eating then cleaning up, though, so I didn't see much.

Well, I did see Cookie doing Healthy Food as a rap song, and I was reminded why I can't stand rap. But he redeems himself by being in the closet eating a whole box of something, then the box itself, at the start of Elmo's World.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
To: Secret squirrel

in the last three years, the only segment shown on sesame street with kermit the frog has been do De Rubber Duck, where he is mostly a background character and only had one line. If sesame workshop is allowed (or willing to spend the money) to have show old kermit skits, then why show one where he is mostly a background character? couldn't some of kermits starring roles be shown in new episodes? or could the song "Subway" be shown sometime soon?

Can you tell me if any other kermit songs or skits will be shown this season? after all, this season focuses on being healthy, and kermit did appear in a lot of health-related songs/ skits: the heart of a frog, sesame street news: cookie monster as little red riding hood, do op hop (okay, i don't know if this actually qualifies, but hopping is excersize), the skit where he x-rays herry monster, the skit where he helps proffessor hastings teach about parts of the body (i am guessing that this could be a health lesson), the skit where kermit and grover demonstrate short and long, and there could be some more that i either don't know about or forgot to mention.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I may not be secret Squirrel, but I can tell you that is pretty doubtful. It all depends on how Disney is willing to negotiate with SW. I mean, they are trying to negotiate to have the SS characters stay in tact in releases of TMS season sets (at least, that's what I hear). So, they could work on a deal (slim chance, but anything is possible) to have KErmit segemts on the show, theoretically speaking.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"If sesame workshop is allowed (or willing to spend the money) to ... show old kermit skits ... couldn't some of kermits starring roles be shown in new episodes?"

Most likely not. You'll continue to see Kermit in compilation tapes, and the occasional appearance like Do De Rubber Duck, but for the most part the Workshop is concentrating on moving forward and making new material.

There is a huge, huge library of material to choose from, and curriculum is the major criteria for deciding which sketches and songs end up in current rotation.

BEAR

Reaction score
Even though Kermit is now owned by Disney, Sesame Street still has permission to use him.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Even though Kermit is now owned by Disney, Sesame Street still has permission to use him.
Even in new material, or just in archival stuff?