In the box or out?

Slim

Reaction score
Thanks for the love!!! You guys are awesome! Now, just so nobody get's confused...I did not design the series 1 blisters. That was Greg, the graphics manager. I did series 2 and all of the exclusive boxes. So, you'll be seeing most of my stuff real soon. Bye the way, I just finished the first Mega Muppet box and sent it in for approval... I think it turned out pretty good. Ok...thanks again for the props...Peace.

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
Hey Slim.

As you did not design the series 1 figures, pass my loving adoration along to Greg. :wink:

Seriously, did Greg come up with the entire look of the card, or was that a group decision? Either way, the design looks great.

Slim

Reaction score
I'll pass the good words right along to him.

To answer you're question...when given the Muppets product...a style guide was given to the graphics department. This basically gave the blueprints on how the packaging should look. Greg used his creativety to make the card look similar enough to the guide to be approved, and different enough to make himself happy. It took a few different tries to get it right, but it ultimately worked out in the end. And yeah...it was basically him putting it together, but Ken, myself and others threw out idea's from time to time. Know what I'm sayin?

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
I hear ya! He did a great job. I love the common Palisades motif along the side. Really unifies the various products together.

Good work.

gringo

Reaction score
I am mainly an opener. I have some items that are still in the package, but all Muppets are opened and on my coffee table. Everytime I go to TRU I am tempted to pick up some more figure to keep in package. But I have no space.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Well to me packaging is as much a part of the item as the toy itself, it has personality that can only enhance teh beauty/identity of the toy.

This is why I consider the packaging to make items in my collection more "valuable", even though I have no interest in actually selling them... if that makes any sense

Cherry "I want slim from Palisaides to design my coffin" Pizza

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Originally posted by CherryPizza

Cherry "I want slim from Palisaides to design my coffin" Pizza
OK, get rid of that extra i. Today is so not my typing day

Cherry "i rooly kan spel" Pizza

grail

Reaction score
we're all bad spellers (well, not all, but a lot of us)...look at Byron! you don't have to go back and correct them, we can usually get the idea. if you really feel the urge to though, there's an "edit" button on your post...try using that

heck look at how many of MY posts are edited...

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Don't worry, I don't make a habit out of correcting myself... I just had the urge to make fun of myself with that gaffe, since it's pretty low to mis-spell the name of the company that makes the very toys about which we are talking.

Cherry "wishing Bernadette Peters would sing a self-esteem building song to me" Pizza