Love Stinks! (Yes, finally a thread for us)

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy

How about "Vanishing Cream Beaker Exclusive Figure" for a boy's name?

Anyway, sorry Cory... just wantcha to know that love STILL stinks.
Love smells pretty darn good to me :smile:

Joseph

Reaction score
Re: Noooooooo!!!

Originally posted by beaker
Ack, what the frog happened to my beautiful meaningful serious post about love? You villians muffin'd it up!!! arghhhh
Nothing wrong with having a good time. Are you against having fun and laughing???

Joggy

Reaction score
This Jog smells love.

*holds nose*

Ugh.

*goes back to washing socks*

beaker

Reaction score
amy>>>But I'm sure reading all these great messages made you forget all about how much 'love stinks'<<<

They sure did....thanx a bunches!

eeek, not for long though......

grail>>>dude, have you ever considered medication? i told you when you started this thread that you were going to regret it. <<<

Oh my, I wasnt expecting a snipe like that today. Medication? You are aware Mr. Grail that in the delicate fabric of the social structure of things, asking someone if theyve considered medication is akin to asking them if they are mentally incompetent or worse. Though perhaps since youve been living in
fanboy land all this time, such social protocol dosent apply to you?

>>>let's face it, we're all pre-disposed to a warped sense of humor, and MC is a great place to play<<<

Hey, it doesn tget much more strange and unique then me, such is why I love MC baby!

>>>you cannot expect that everyone will treat every subject with the reverence that YOU believe it deserves. that's just part of life. unfortunately, on a board like this, when someone else cracks a joke, everyone who comes in later can see it...and thus the joke continues<<<

Gee really detective? The post your replying to was a joke...I said my piece and expected it to be muffin vultured up. Geez, looks like a few people on her elike to misinterpret things.

that's just the way life is...you think LOVE stinks...try having a serious conversation with over 700 Muppet fans, many of whom are going to think that you're wrong in the first place...<<<

Aw...ok I see. Wrong in the first place. First off I really wish there were 10,000 fans on here...as quite a few are just here solely for the figures. Why do you think quite a few of the old timers dont frequent MC anymore? MC has been hijacked by incessant nonstp figure this figure that threads, the high alter of Ken the almighty, and the utter destruction of threads by one word joke posts. Now I like a little of all three, but my goodness. You really should have tried playing on the old MC playground...

And for your info, no I do not regret starting this thread...its good to see where people stand on here.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>This Jog smells love.

*holds nose*

Ugh. *goes back to washing socks*<<<

Joggy, youre one cool guy^_^

grail

Reaction score
well, i certainly didn't take it as a joke...and no i wasn't saying you were "mentally incompetent", as i was reading it...you really needed to chill out...ami made a statement

and how dare you make broad statements about my "living in fanboy land". yes, i put on the appearance of a fanboy, but i can assure you that i am FIRMLY rooted in the real world. and there is no better way to cheese me off than to accuse me of being out of touch with reality. which is essentially what you just did.

furthermore, yes...there are a lot of people that are here for the figures. so what? they're here aren't they? those figures have brought the Muppets a higher profile then they have had in years, and there are people in here that do nothing but complain about the "old days" when the figures weren't the focus. boo-hoo. it's really getting old to hear, over and over, that people who are focused on the figs are unwelcome by those that have been here since the old days. the figures brought ME here, but look at where i'm posting right now. not the "ask Ken" thread, now is it?

why must people continue to b*tch about something that has done nothing more than open a door to fans. sure you'll have those that only come by to see certain threads, but how many of those people might just check out something else? how many of the people that YOU seem to get so upset by the mere fact of their presence could turn around and be a part of the "community", if only you'd let them. don't give me this bullcrap about the figure people being narrow-minded. it's the complainers that are CLOSE-minded.

that being said, i think i'm just going to leave now. doubtless this post is going to honk off quite a few people, and NOT inspire thought, but it's been bugging me for quite awhile now and this was my straw.

goodbye all, it was fun while it lasted

Mike

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think that anybody needs to leave, or anyone should be made to feel unwelcome. There's enough room for everyone, including all those who have come to our community as a result of the figures. It's totally correct that the figures have opened up some great doors and given a lot of people the opportunity to come here but it's also true that this is a Muppet site and not solely a Muppet figure site.

It's great to have all the figure threads but these have been allowed to get a bit out of control. When you write a book, make a TV show you target it at a certain demographic and MC's demographic as 'Muppet CENTRAL' was to be there for ALL the fans. I can definitely see how some fans who aren't into figures would get p*ssed about them being the focus of the conversation so much but then they are superb, and they are the main thing out there in Muppet fandom right now.

It is possible to have a Muppet site right now without it being soley about action figures (just look at Toughpigs) but it's not about making people not talk about them, it's about making more out of what else is happening, and contributing in general too - which Grail above almost anybody has been excellent at doing. It's kinda upto us as members of the community to put as much interest and effort into what else is out there and finding other things of interest to talk about. If we all just came here to talk about figures and let the rest of the forum just die off then it's going to end up a very boring and limited place, so hopefully as people get to know the Muppets more from the figures they'll be tempted to look around, and we can make sure there is actually stuff there to get them more into the site and community as a whole.

Jessie

Reaction score
so...does that mean he is gone for good or just from this thread?