Muppet Show DVDs

Jackie

Reaction score
Well maybe by then they don't have to mention the guest stars...just say if you liked the other episodes YOU'll LOVE THESE! LOL!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
Honestly, I don't know most of the guest stars anyway outside their interaction with Henson. On my old puppet team we determined that what made you a star was IF you appeared on the Muppet Show or in a Muppet movie. That was the one clear indicator of saying, "Yes, I have arrived in the entertainment industry."

That's why a new Muppet Show is vital for our culture. We have no Stardom Standard to measure by.

With that in mind, produce all the DVDs. It's part of the canonization process. Besides, there's enough completists out there to make it worth it.
When I was a kid there were three ways I knew who was a celebrity: The Muppet Show, The Love Boat, and Fantasy Island.

Now the only potential candidate to assure celebrity is maybe Saturday Night Live.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well I think it would be better for Time Life to just drop the "Best of" title. They should just release the Muppet Show, dregs and all :big_grin:

-Matt

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
I can't see buying 20 3-episode DVDs at $15 each when I can get an entire 22-episode season DVD set of The Simpsons for $35.

If the Muppet Show DVDs were released like this, I feel they could sell more units (at least to me).

'Friends' tried this Best Of scheme, but got on track with the full season sets. What's the liklihood of The Muppets getting on board?

grail

Reaction score
anyone got a good email address for someone we could ASK? maybe if we give them a call, and ask them what the possibilities of seasons are, they'll tell us.

that being said, if they go with season sets, they're severele limited with how many releases they get. it works for Simpsons because they're getting ready to start season 14. that's at least 14 sets.

i think they COULD do well if they did both season releases AND the best of's. that way casual fans will buy ones they really remember (like the Mark Hamill ep) and hopefully get so hooked that they don't mind buying the whole season at a slightly steeper price.

ronskimomo

Reaction score
Yeah,
I don't think they will do the season thing, but maybe they will sell the 20 DVD's in a boxed set thingy and save us some money. Does anybody know if they have any plans of doing this?