It's Official: Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
So now we've got Fraggle Season 1, Fraggle single-discs, Muppet Show Season 1, out-of-print Muppet Show single-discs, and more SS DVDs than one could possibly count. So- what should we ask for next? We've gotten our way so far...I suggest special editions of the Columbia movies, widescreen special editions of the Disney movies, SS Season 1 and Muppets Tonight! Season 1.
Muppets Tonight only lasted one season, didn't it? I have them all on video.

I think SS Season 1 would be cool on DVD, but 35 years' worth? oof.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
MT! lasted for two seasons before getting the axe. ( :eek: ) The second season was carried over to the Disney Channel.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Muppets Tonight only lasted one season, didn't it?
There were two (2) seasons of Muppets Tonight produced. During the two seasons there were 22 total episodes made (that is equal to the size of just one of the Muppet Show's seasons). It would be cool if Disney release a box set of "Muppets Tonight - The Complete Series" after they finish all five Muppet Show - the complete season box sets.

If you want to talk more about your DVD wishes check out this post: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=18261

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock - Season 1 Release Month Named even as HIT! Shareholders approve buyout offer
Posted by David Lambert
5/02/2005

Just over a week ago we showed you proof that HIT! Entertainment is indeed bringing out season sets of the Fraggle Rock series in the Fall. Now the folks at "The GelflingWaldo Files" bLog site are reporting that September is the month in question, and names the episodes that you'll find on this set:

1. Beginnings
2. Wembley and the Gorgs
3. Let the Water Run
4. You Can't Do That Without a Hat
5. The 30 Minute Work Week
6. The Preachification of Convincing John
7. I Want To Be You
8. The Terrible Tunnel
9. The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles
10. Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk
11. Catch the Tail by the Tiger
12. The Finger of Light
13. We Love You Wembley
14. The Challenge
15. I Don't Care
16. Capture the Moon
17. Marooned
18. The Minstrels
19. The Great Radish Famine
20. The Garden Plot
21. New Trash Heap in Town
22. Gobo's Discovery
23. Mokey's Funeral
24. The Beast of Bluerock

Info about extras wasn't available yet, nor a specific release date. Stay tuned for information about that, and keep tuned in after that to be sure that changes don't occur as a result of HIT! Entertainment's pending change of ownership. Last time we mentioned that, we told you that Lions Gate Entertainment and Classic Media were among the bidders. Classic Media has now pulled out of the horserace, and another suitor, Apax Partners, has put forth a bid that HIT!'s shareholders have found acceptable. Lions Gate has a limited amount of time to tender a counter-bid, and if they don't do it or fail to make an offer that's preferable to Apax's, then - according to a Video Business report in the new issue - the Apax deal would be finalized around the end of this month. We will have to wait to see if any of that makes a difference to Fraggle Rock or any other of HIT's releases planned for later this year. Our thanks to reader George Oscar for his tip-off about the bLog listing.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Now the folks at "The GelflingWaldo Files" bLog site are reporting that September is the month in question, and names the episodes that you'll find on this set.
Glad to see that the information I dig up is getting out there on the big name sites (even if they are 4 days behind - just kidding). :wink: I'm still working to get you all the full details of the set. I've been told an official announcement with a lot more details should be out "soon".

Animal

Reaction score
Oh boy.....this is absolutely FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

Both The Muppet Show & Fraggle Rock season 1 box-sets this fall!!!
It´s GREAT to be a Muppet fan indeed! :smile:

-Hans :halo:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Gobo Fraggle said:
So, what do you guess the price for the 1st-season set will be?
HIT has not released or even hinted at a retail price yet, but based on the price of other similar box sets of equal size it would probally be between $20-$40.

Magellan

Reaction score
oh snap, i'm so excited about this, good stuff, and in time to be a christmas present, yayness