What films/shows/books do you want Muppetised?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, Peter Pan would work well. Also, Oliver. I have a marviolous idea for how that could be portrayed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. they should stick to more "playing themselves" roles. I liked the dirrection they were going for in VMX, but just not how they did it. They had the characters as themselves, and they had the theater in a movie. Something like that.

I'm not a big fan of the idea of Muppet Oz (the novel or a movie where they're all in jail) and I hope this is the last of projects like that. It's fine if they did such in small half hour specials, just not as films, even telefilms.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well yes, Drtooth, I do like the ones where they play themselves, because it's really fun, especially the character interaction. I am actually really looking forward to Oz, but the next big production after that should be as themselves, otherwise people will lose interest.

But it's still fun to think of stories Muppetised (Muppet Classic Theatre!!! LOVE that video).

JaniceFerSure, I thought about Annie too, I love that musical! But when I was thinking about it, I found it a little hard to think of muppet roles that suit all the characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have nothing exactly wrong with little specials where they do parodies of films and books, but as movies, no... it doesn't work out too well... mainly because a human celebrity always becomes the star, leaving the Muppets as seconds and thirds.

But if they were to retell stories... I'd really like them to tell obscure tales from all over the world, Japan, Europe, Africa... sort of like Muppet Storyteller.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland would probably be the best.

Frankly I'd like to see the Muppets do "Into the Woods"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

Kermit - Arthor
Gonzo - Ford
Piggy - Trilian
Stadler and Waldorf - White mice
Beauegard - Deep Thought
Fozzie - Eddie the Ship Board computer

I'm having trouble with Slartibartfast, Zaphod and Marvin. A little help?

Gusworld

Reaction score
For Hitchhiker's, Sam is the obvious casting for Marvin, I'd have thought.

In general, I can't imagine the Muppets doing anything that's not in the public domain -- which would exclude Hitchhiker's, Peter Pan (at least in the UK), and any direct apaptations of musicals. Every major adaptation they've done has been of a work where there was no need to pay copyright to the story originators, so why would they start now?

A second problem with musicals is that in many cases they're already adaptations of another medium (e.g. My Fair Lady). Doing an adaptation of an adaptation is possibly a tad reflexive -- though I guess that criticism could be levelled at Oz too, since the movie/musical version is probably what people think of ahead of the books.

Cheers
Angus

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Sorry! I know it's an old thread!

Beauregard said:
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

Kermit - Arthor
Gonzo - Ford
Piggy - Trilian
Stadler and Waldorf - White mice
Beauegard - Deep Thought
Fozzie - Eddie the Ship Board computer

I'm having trouble with Slartibartfast, Zaphod and Marvin. A little help?
What about Link for Zaphod? Marvin could be Boober (If they can do that :rolleyes: ) and Startibartfast could be Real Old Tom. What about two new muppets (or Rizzo and another rat) for Freddie and Benji mouse. It would be hilarious if instead of poetry, the Vogons would torture Arthur and Ford with Fozzie's comedy.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Muppet Star Wars would be really cool, they did a little in the TMS episode, but more would be cool