Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Looks like Rizzo will be under 3 inches so I'm sure he'll look great. It won't be attack of the giant Rizzos! LOL!

beaker

Reaction score
HOLY COW!!! Ken reveals what we were all wishing for!

Im gone two days from this section, and a ton of skinny from Ken gets revealed!!!

>>>OK, so we are now able to make versions of the characters based on the six movies and Muppets Tonight. <<<

Big news, opens up so many new possibilities!

So in addition to a lot of new characters now being available to us, we also have the two new categories in addition to the figures. You know of the Mega Muppets, and now we will also be doing PVC figurines. This has been in the works for some time, actually about 2-3 months. <<<

wow, you just knew these would be made? Ok so theyre not mini figures, but then again we'll probably get better sculpts(way better) and more characters. So did this decision predate the wish for them on here?

>>>Koozebane is NOT canceled, just moved one series back. Rizzo replaces Janice in Series 4, in his MT incarnation. <<<

Noooo! oh well, this does sound like a good choice. So Im curious, what series and lines might we get to see at Toy Fare in Feb? Im guessing series 4-5 right?

>>>As of Series 4, this line ceases to be called "The Muppet Show: 25th Anniversary" and changes to "Jim Henson's Muppets". It will stay Series 4 though, as even though it is changing names it is still in the same scale, style and all that as the first three series. The card will change looks significantly. With that change, this line turns into a Star Wars: Power of the Force type thing. With the overall brand of Muppets and characters from all different sources in each assortment.<<<

I knew it! I kept laughing to myself how people kept saying 'no Pepe, this is a classic brand!', and me and Luke and others kept insisting this would turn into a general brand next Summer. glad to hear an official statement on this!

>>>On a personal note I am thrilled about the PVC line too...there are some really cool things you can do there that you just can't do in the figure line<<<

So great to hear. And theres more to be announced shortly? wow! Congrats on making it to the cover of the new Toy Fare. And Ken, I dont know ho wya do it...theres like a gillion posts a day but ya somehow manage to wade through em all despite being on a long business trip!

So PVCs announced, series 4/5 corrections, movies and MT licence announced, and TMS Muppets turning into a general Muppets line...not bad for an update I'd say!
All I know, is 2003 is shaping up to be the mother of all Muppet years! Between Muppetfest, the new Fox show, and Palisades, we'll all have something to rejoice and celebrate next year!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Rizzo and Pepe will be challenges, there's no doubt. But I am pretty sure we can do them small enough to where people will hardly know the difference<<<

Folks, you heard it from Ken...looks like Pepe is most definately in the works! My serious hope is for wave five(or six at the latest)
Pepes popularity is exploding left and right, it would be a shame to have to wait so long for the first official Pepe thing to come out. I think Pepe has definate presedence over Dr. Bob and Nurse Janice, sheesh.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Ken, for those of us who haven't seen Muppets Tonight, what's Muppets Tonight Rizzo? Is that just Rizzo in his baseball jacket (ie modern Rizzo)

Yes, with MT related accessories. Suddenly, for a reason I can't explain, I feel like dancing.[/B]
Dancing cheeses?

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
The current Enterprise figures have a Craiton (SP?) covering over an armature though. Rizzo would be too small for this. It also has some inherent problems.
"Craiton"? Isn't that the health "vitamins" Barry Bonds is taking right now? :wink:

What has some inherent problems? The Craiton? I'm very skeptical of skin over the armature of the Enterprise figures. I'm worried that the skin won't last, either from decay, cracking from the test of time, or from the joint movements underneath bunching up the skin. I'm passing on them. I have enough Six Million Dollar Man figures with decayed skin exposing his bionics in his arm. I can live without Enterprise figs with decayed skin exposing their crotches. :wink:

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
Yeah. How many original Stretch Armstrongs are there left in existance? The skin gives way after a while.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
yeah I just saw a new series of "stretch" figures on my lunch break at a nearby Toys R Us... You could tell those have very limited life in them! I guess it's the novelty in stretching a toy on all which directions for a couple of days and then throwing it to the side for the next novelty to show up...

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Louis Kazagger

What has some inherent problems? The Craiton? I'm very skeptical of skin over the armature of the Enterprise figures. I'm worried that the skin won't last, either from decay, cracking from the test of time, or from the joint movements underneath bunching up the skin. I'm passing on them. I have enough Six Million Dollar Man figures with decayed skin exposing his bionics in his arm. I can live without Enterprise figs with decayed skin exposing their crotches. :wink:
I dunno. It seems like it would be perfect for Data or the Borg Queen from First Contact...

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
It's me again. Yes, I do exist. Anyways, thought I'd chime in on some of the latest talks. I'm very psychd about movie possibilities, as well as the later TV characters, but some concerns still arise (That means that this is for KEN, as well as anyone else who cares). Wait, forget that, the title of this thread already indicates that, though we do go off on tangents, and I just want to make sure I don't get overlooked with my minimal presence here. I've read every post on this thread from the very start, even going back to the old board, yet I only have a total of about 32 posts. That sure shows something, eh?
Anyways, I agree with Zack, I think it was, about Rowlf. Though there are these "secret plans" for him, I hope it doesn't include making him Rowlf/Dr. Bob. I totally think these should be two seperate figures, to increase the range of characters, and therefore interactivity and playability, or at the very least, displayability. I figure if we need to wait to get regular suited Gonzo, while there's Daredevil Gonzo, we should get both Rowlf and Dr. Bob. I figure this would also be more profitable for Palisades, as well as ensuring more line longevity.
Next, about Janice being bumped up, as long as she's just regular, good 'ol Janice, I can wait, but I am more concerned about the playset, itself. As the bus is in TMM, or MFS, for that matter, it is meant to fit a whole crew of our favorite Muppet characters. Now, as I see it, for it to be able to do so, with the size and scale of these figures, this thing would have to be seriously big, maybe even a deluxe. However, I know cheating goes on with this design process, but I figure it's going to be some serious cheating, especially being that this new announcement should come before the previously slated Koozebane, rather than later, seeming to show that it'll be more ready. This makes me feel that it won't quite be big enough for good accomodating many Muppets, maybe not even the whole band. Can you clear anything up for me, Ken, or is it all too secret, at this point? Thanks for any info, and have you seen that page 176 post, I think, yet? Thanks a lot for listening, and all of your terrific effort on this line. Thanks to everyone else for hearing me out, as well. Take care.

-Squigiman

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Beaker

I can answer one of your questions:

So did this decision predate the wish for them on here?

Yes, Ken said it has been in the works for 2-3 months. Undoubtably explains why Ken jumped into mini figure thread with such a detailed explanation of