Rock covers of Muppet songs

shtick

Reaction score
I've heard some rock versions of muppet songs such as:

Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies - Rainbow Connection
Less Than Jake - Rainbow Connection
Jamestowne - Rainbow Connection
Allister - Fraggle Rock

Has anyone heard other rock versions of muppet songs?
:sing:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
MCR plays a band called The Dead Hensons who cover a lot of Muppet songs (even though I've only heard Movin' Right Along and Rainbow Connection), but they're not rock. Actually to be honest in strictly my own opinion; I don't like The Dead Hensons at all. I'm not sure if it's the Dead Hensons, but I've also heard MCR play a cover of Can You Picture That, but I'm not fond of that one either.

But those are really the only songs (and Bein' Green) that are popular enough to lend themselves to a rock band.

When I was in a band (more then seven years ago now) we did a rock cover of "I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along" and a jazz cover of the Sesame Street theme.

Beige

Reaction score
I've always hoped someone would put together a rock cover album of Muppet/Fraggle/Sesame music similair to the 'SchoolHouse Rocks!' and 'Saturday Morning' albums that were released a few years ago.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yeah, I was listening to the Saturday Morning album just yesterday, cool album.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Are there any links to the lists going on right now?

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
My Band might cover rainbow connection! I didnt kknow all those other bands did Muppet songs

shtick

Reaction score
I found that there are alot of bands out there that covered Rainbow Connection! The funk version of "Can You Picture That" was an amazing breath of fresh air! Great song that captures the muppet groove!

They should compile a bunch of recordings by the Electric Mayhem and make an album! That would be SWEET! :big_grin:

Have you guys heard any rock stuff on MCR?