Boy dismantling cold girl Muppet

Xerus

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Hey nice observation, Xerus. I forgot about the third voice at the end with that tablecloth girl. So it looks like this was a skit with the 3 classics - Henson, Oz, and Nelson!
Thanks, Ziffel. It's how I remember it from way back. It seems like these days, people aren't allowed to pull off body parts from Muppets.

Ziffel

Reaction score
This skit is now on youtube. Pretty creepy one indeed. I'm surprised they ever did this - what were they thinking? "Won't let you breathe or eat..."?

Heh, one of the FEW SS skits I give a thumbs DOWN to!

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a sketch where a boy Muppet (Farley?) fashions a blank Anything Muppet to be the girl of his dreams? And the girl promptly rejects him?

Not taking kindly to receiving the cold shoulder, the boy starts taking away her head and facial features one at a time, or in pairs as the case may be, as he sings a song about it. As he removed her ears (which were actually there when he started) he sang:

"I wanna hold your ear, baby wanna hold it near, baby wanna hold your ear until you hear and realize that, I love you."

He sang a similar verse for everything else he removed.

"I wanna hold your nose, I wanna hold your tooth.
Won't let you breathe or eat until you know the truth, I love you."

The song ended with
"I am going to keep, what I hold dear
Your nose your eyes, your tooth your ear
And I'm gonna hold 'em till you say you love me too!"

After the music stopped, the now blank-faced muppet snapped back
"I could never love you." and walked off.

As the boy is wallowing in sadness, the facial features which he had left on the wall suddenly come to life, via a sort of tablecloth over the wall. A different girl's voice, higher-pitched, says "I think you're kinda cute! Hee-hee-hee-hee" The boy's response is "Gosh."

It wasn't widely seen (the episode usually cut off after the boy turns to the camera & says "gasp"), but at the end of that sketch the "Tablecloth Girl" kisses the boy muppet, & giggles as he runs away screaming!

twasbrillig12

Reaction score
Didn't think this sounded so weird, but actually seeing it... I hope he got along well with the table cloth.