Fozzie Bear on Jimmy Kimmel Friday May 13

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
hee hee...I'm watching it now. Pretty funny stuff.
Frank Oz isn't doing Fozzy's voice anymore?
:frown:

Rowbes

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
hee hee...I'm watching it now. Pretty funny stuff.
Frank Oz isn't doing Fozzy's voice anymore?
:frown:
It's Eric Jacobson. He performs most of Oz' characters including Piggy and Animal. Glad to know its worth watching, it won't be on here for a few hours.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Eric + Fozzie = Awesome

I have to say that I love Eric Jacobson more and more. He was excellent tonight! No disrespect to Frank, but Eric is great as Fozzie and I hope to see him continue for years with the character. He really has captured the essence of the character and is just perfect as Fozzie. I miss Frank, but now seeing what Eric has done I wish the transition was done earlier, starting around Muppets Tonight when Frank (and Fozzie and Piggy) started slipping away. It was also a treat to see Rizzo show up, and the Star Wars Screen Tests (with Kermit, Pepé, Fozzie, and Animal) was also priceless. I am loving what Disney is doing with the characters and what Eric is doing with Fozzie.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
"but can you believe it, they gave it to some puppet"
Oh poor fozzie.
I should have known when he said his agent was a rat that rizzo was gonna show up. silly me, wasn't expecting it. but I loved it!

beaker

Reaction score
It was kind of painful to see Fozzie's appearence, but I think that is his schtick he does best(the 'crickets and tumbleweeds' thing) A bit forced, and it was obvious Ozzie isnt much a Muppet fan. But as always, it's always great seeing Muppets on tv. I liked Grover's appearence too not to long ago. It was great seeing Rizzo...I was surprised they didnt have Statler and Waldorf.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny. I didn't know about it until right before the stand-up comedy part. Was there any more before or after that with Fozzie? I liked the "Wocka Wocka the Wookiee" joke, but that's because I'm in full-on Star Wars mode.

:embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was funny, but I prefer Grover's recent apperance better. The audition tape of Kermit, Pepe, Animal, and Fozzie trying out for the part of Yoda was hilarious. I just wonder though what that bleeped word was that Ozzy Osbourne said that made Fozzie upset.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
It was funny, but I prefer Grover's recent apperance better. The audition tape of Kermit, Pepe, Animal, and Fozzie trying out for the part of Yoda was hilarious. I just wonder though what that bleeped word was that Ozzy Osbourne said that made Fozzie upset.
Yeah. That was good and I liked that Rizzo made an appearance as Fozzie's agent. Another thing to say in response to Ozzy Osbourne's dialogue upsetting Fozzie, I've noticed the Count made an appearance too and he said something that was bleeped out. That was strange.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
ASo much to go through...

1 Daffyfan, when did the Count appear on Jimmie Kibble?
2 The screen test bit's a Muppetism from one of the Time-Life Best of TMS DVD's.
3 There was a bit of interview with Fozzie before his stand up performance.
Fozzie: We tried to get Ozzy on the Muppet Show. We tried to get his band, Black Sabbath. But we couldn't get them, and the best we could do was a band named Maroon Varmitzva.
That one was a good joke.
He also talked about Muppets Wizard of Oz, saying he played the Cowardly Lion, the mane part.
He said he was in Los Angeles and got himself a rat as his agent... A real rat, they're crawling all over the streets.
The drummer came in late on that joke and I understand why, it's more of an NY than an LA joke.
4 Would've been greater if Statler and Waldorf had been there heckling Foz too. And here are some of my home comments timed to Fozzie's routine.

Fozzie: Hey everybody, welcome to a professional comedy show.
*Statler: Then what are you doing on the stage?
Fozzie: Come on guys... You'll grin while I bear it!
*Waldorf: We'll groan while bearing your bad jokes.
Fozzie: I got a part in Star Wars, I play WockaWocka the funny Wookie.
*Statler: So why did we get stuck with the unfunny one?

You get the gist of it.
A good appearance, glad I was able to watch it again.

Rowbes

Reaction score
Watched it before bed, and it made me dream that I was at a public Muppet appearance with Eric Jacobson as his assistant. He let me play Fozzie while he went on break. It was pretty cool. :embarrassed: