Thoughts on Labyrinth

HPDJ

Reaction score
I think it's one of Henson's greatest films. Nobody really talks about it, so what do you think??? :confused:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Labyrinth,is one of my favorite Henson films.Have recently re-discovered it's fabulousness,when I was given the dvd version(letterboxed) by my aunt.I remember seeing it in the theater.To see Jennifer Connelly in her early part of her career,so young & studious in her acting.David Bowie was so awesome as Jareth & his songs are way terrific. I never get tired of it.:cool: Note the avatar and signature.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Labyrinth was, strangely enough, my introduction into the "worlds beyond" Kermit and Sesame Street. Since it, I started to like Fraggle Rock, Storyteller and many other Henson creations (but not that work of evil, Dark Crystal.) I don't know why it was a box office flop, because it was the best movie of '86.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Labyrinth the best movie of 1986? Well, it is an awesome movie and I do love it, but I think that honor would have to go to Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!! :smile: (Or Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - that came out in 1986 too!)

:wink:

(for real though, Labyrinth is still my favorite between that and The Dark Crystal (although I like both of them pretty well.) - What about a sequel for Labyrinth- set like 20 years later, with Jennifer Connelly grown up and somehow going back into the Labyrinth- I'm sure there's a story there somewhere.) They could do a story like "Hook"- where Sarah goes back to rescue her kids or something. I don't know.

HPDJ

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
They could do a story like "Hook"- where Sarah goes back to rescue her kids or something. I don't know.
Cool! :smile:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Labyrinth was the first Henson flick I was ever obsessed with. Also, it got me interested in David Bowie's music. I'd watch it more often, but every time I do, I just end up fast forwarding to the fireys. I love those little guys.

edible eye

Reaction score
Yeah, it's great,now release that extra footage!

Labyrinth's great! David Bowie gained a lot of fans through that move, weather realizes it or not. They should really put all the extra footage, (who cares that it's unfinished) that the Mirror Mask boys found and put it on a dvd for everyone else to see. It would be cool to hear the puppeteers voice the parts.
And any extra bit of scenes will be gobbled up by fans.

Laszlo

Reaction score
LABYRINTH and DARK CRYSTAL are my favourite movies of all time! :smile:
However, IMO Dark Crystal is better.