JHC planning Dark Crystal sequel

Should JHC make a sequel to the Dark Crystal?

• Yes, take advantage of the new technology

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • No, don't mess with the magic of the original

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
yes, indeed, could go HORRIBLY wrong.... BUT on a lighter look it may be VERy good! what weve all been wating for!
But really, the story was what they say "flawed" (mainly because jim henson made the world and music before the story, and made that PEFRECT, so awsome, but the story did lack, especialy after they changed it all to english) I guess, the only big expectation I have for it is the soundtrack, that they can NOT mess up on, Jim Henson put his whole heart into that, its what makes the movie REALLY great, they dont have good soundtracks anymore.... So I guess its best if you just go into it having litte expectations.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
oh, and Henson better not get into the Disney sequil kick, then it will kill all the greats (aka cinderella 2, little mermaid 2, Lady and the Tramp 2... you just cant make a sequil to a classic, well, just for the sake of makeing money anyway, and cuz they ran out of ideas)

Erine81981

Reaction score
I hope to see the a sequel to Dark Crystal. I haven't seen the first one in a long time. I might have to buy it since I have Labyrinth. I really hope this makes it to the theaters. I would really go see it. Even my dad would love to see it.

edible eye

Reaction score
Prequel would be better!

A prequel would be so much better. There are unanswered questions there, that could be explored and made into an interesting movie. The plot for this sequel sounds lame. :boo:

maxdrive

Reaction score
I thinkt he CG would be good look at how henson combined them in hitchhikers guide tot he galaxy everything they did in that movie looks so good.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I don't think they are trying to 'top' the originial, just add to the story. Like what happinging now. I think it would be interesting to see a sequial with the new tech. that's av. now that wasn't 23 years ago this should be a treat. I mean Henson has done some susessful films in the past so I don't think we will be disapointed.

Laszlo

Reaction score
WOW!! FINALLY !! :smile: :smile:

However I would prefer a PREQUEL ...

I hope the also use puppets, not just CGI. Combined FX work best.

count123

Reaction score
Lots of people on here seem to be bashing Henson's directorial abilities. Please!
He's made some great works and a lot of actor's performances he has to cultivate cuz they are so WOODEN that it's unbearable to watch...until he comes along.
He is a true visionary and a storyteller. That's what being a director is all about. He has a very specific camera style that is unique to itself in a genre whored by many.

great director.

The Power of the Dark Crystal if anything will bring attention to the JHC which means press, which then means free advertisting and marketing which means more $$ for them ultimately meaning more products.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Looking forward for the new merchandise...!
We really need more Dark Crystal figures!

jarethjunkie

Reaction score
OH MY GOD!
yes!
I'm not so sure about the use of CGI though, sure use it to touch it up a tiny bit... but only if its
absolutely necessary.
Don't go overboard... it really disapoints the fans.
Hooray for merchandise!