Audrey II Puppet HELP!

Jonathan

Reaction score
Hi, My community theater has just finshed a Production of Lttle Shop of Horrors, and I worked the Plant puppets. I have realy become attached to the puppets, and I am intersed in building/Buying a Audrey II Pod 2 (the One operated by the Fake arm) puppet. I would like to know If there is anyone here who could Make me one, with a fake arm. I would pay you of corce what ever you belive is resonable. Thanks for your Time!
Jonathan!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Jonathan!

I have one I built from 2 blocks of 4" foam (which I got from discarded couches on side of the road). You may have seen it, but if not, video is available at www.suspiciousmindtrick.net about 2/3 down the site--it's my buddy Tim Brown and I performing "Feed Me," and yes that's our voices.

Basically, I carved a top half and bottom half of the pod, then pinched out the area to be the mouth, carved a tongue from 1" foam, tore the teeth out of WHITE 1" foam, and attached the back of the mouth of the plant pod together with contact cement and a pre-built puppet mouth hinge from corrogated plastic. I painted it with watered-down acrylic paint to get the air-brushed effect, and then attached all kinds of fake foliage and a puppet sleeve.

Honestly, it took me too long to build one to want to make another like it, and the man hours that go into it would make the cost likely above and beyond what you would find reasonable.

I would suggest that you attempt it yourself, and soon enough you will perfect it. There may come a day that I might decide to part with it (I plan on parting with my Slimer prop/puppet when I build a new and improved costume/puppet). But not anytime soon.

Good luck.

Rowbes

Reaction score
That's cool. The semi-bunraku format seemed to work pretty well! I love that show so much.

DMETxix

Reaction score
I have to agree with Rowbes, that was pretty cool!
Audrey II looked good, and the voices weren't that bad either.
(I just recently saw the Frank Oz version again, so the "Feed me" song was still stuck in my head.)

Other than repeating what Fozzie said I cannot be of any help to you Jonathan, just experiment away!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, as he discussed how it got deleted before, he seemed to turn into a 'sour puss!' WOCKA WOCKA!!
(sorry)