Official SW3 Thread - DO NOT READ - SPOILERS!!!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
ive seen it twice now and love it it reminds me of GOODFELLAS people die yjere is a take over and the New generation ***** up and it begins again

I Loved the Fact all the Jedi's die it showed the jelosey of the darkside

i thought the fight between Obi one and Aniakin should have been longer and Obi was to sad to see his Freind die like taht i cried both times i saw it i thought it was the best of 1-3 and probley right behind
EMPIRE STRIKES BACK AND NEW HOPE

Yoda was nice but he was to Anamaited at times

it's early so i know my spelling stinks

but it was a great movie i will probley see it again or again so many people want to see it but i had to go @ Midnight Thursday Morning for the 1st relase and then went with my bro yesterday

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
sugarbritchez said:
The only think I really didn't care for was in the end when they had Darth Vader basically come the life...I thought I was watching Frankenstein instead of Star Wars. My husband and I both think they could have been a little more creative than that.

Besides that.....we all loved it.
I agree about Vader's "coming to life" scene.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
C'mon, does it get any cornier than that? I've seen better drama in television commercials.
The movie as a whole was okay. I wasn't expecting much as far as riveting dialogue and therefore left little room for disappointment. I was there for the eye candy and I got what I wanted. It started off powerfully with the aerial battle, the death of Dooku and the showdown with Greivous, but then it went downhill. There was a lot of boo-hooing between Padme and Anakin with some very cheesy dialogue in between. R2-D2 was hilarious, and Yoda was very impressive (his piggy-back ride atop Chewie's shoulders and his confrontation with the Emperor's guards stand out the most). Overall, I was left with the same feeling as the previous prequels: I'm impressed with the technology and it's cool to see new and interesting characters in the Star Wars galaxy as well as catching the backstory of familiar characters but it's not causing me to soil myself. If I feel lke seeing it again, I will. Otherwise, I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD yet still choose episodes !V, V and VI over it any day.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I liked it quite a bit actually. It was a vast improvement over Eps I & II. :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm online to share my opinion. First off a disclaimer. With the exception of this movie I have never seen a Star Wars movie. (at least in it's entirety). Secondly, I only went b/c my little sister's orthindontist paid for it. (He did it for all his "kids"). Ok, now on to the movie....

Art: Eye candy, need I say more? Two and a half hours I was in heaven.

Story: Zzzzzzzzzzz....sorry but I had it guessed (yes the entire enchilada) in about 5 mins after that opening battle scene. I was bored with the story.

Darth Vader coming to life scene: Headache factor-5 (I was sitting underneath a speaker :smile: ). Corny, cheesy and unimaginative yes. I did love how it cut back and forth from Anakin to Padme a nice effect for me.

Yoda: Well, I really didn't like his look. To me he seemed to cartoonish from everything. He always stood out like he didn't blend in.

Rating: I wouldn't take anyone under the age of 12 to it. That's me though. That's just for the whole Anakin burning up scene. I turned my head at it...then again I have a very squemish stomach.

Lucas cameo: Where the heck was it? :smile:

Frogster

Reaction score
Well, I saw it for the second time just yesterday, and I went by myself this time. This time, I also cried. When I first watched it, it seemed as if it moved a little fast, but now I realize that it was just that I was so excited to see it when I saw it the first time, and the second time I was able to "take it all in." This is such an awesome movie. Yoda is absolutely wonderful. I didn't catch him throwing the saber into the trooper the first time I saw it- I only saw him leap onto him to take it out. And I caught the Falcon this time around. I've really found a certain admiration towards Ki Adi-Mundi. Your heart sinks as you see him lead on the clone troopers, but the troopers stop. He turns around, and you know he senses something wrong. They start firing. Watching him go down hit me as hard as it did when Anakin off'd Mace. I really felt helpless watching "Revenge." But I did love seeing Palpatine and Yoda fight once more...
"A new aprentice, hear you have."
"Master Yoda... you survived."
"Surprised?"
"Your arrogance blinds you!"
"At an end, your empire is. Not short enough it was."
Yoda leaps in front of the exit
"If so powerful, why leave?"
Even though it's not the Jedi way to be arrogant, it really made Yoda shine. It's like the book says, "In his physical appearance, he was short, old, and green. But in the Force, he was a fountain of light."

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I have to say that the problem I had was the children being killed. I know that the Jedi were wiped out, but why give us the sad implication that he's killed young children? :sympathy: I know plenty of sad things were going to happen, but man, a lot of us are quite sensitive.

I did like how Chewy and Tarrfal saved Yoda. :smile: So did Yoda owe a life-debt to Chewy?

Now I refer to Anakin as Darth Stumpy. :stick_out_tongue:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I don't have a ton of time online (I'm away from home at the moment), or I would have posted sooner. But I really really liked it. I think we'll be seeing it again in a day or two, so I'll have to wait to know how I feel until I've seen it a second time. Just too much anticipation (and jerky people making obscene jokes behind us) to take it all in on first showing. But overall I thought it was impressive. Most impressive.

Just in response to one comment above--I liked the Frankenstein-esque movements when Vader stepped off the platform. After all, he is basically a big creature put together from spare parts, just like Frankenstein's monster. Also, he's been burnt up and hacked to bits, and probably doesn't understand how to work the suit yet. I thought it was appropriate.

What a sad movie, though. When the jedi started getting wiped out was when it got really compelling, but also when I just felt sad for the next hour or so. Sniff sniff! :cry:

Gloworm

Reaction score
It got on my nerves that you knew how all the lightsaber battles were going to end. And I blame Mace Windu for the fall of Anakin. If he had just killed Palpatine instead of having a massive monologue about justice none of it woudl have ever happened.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Yes, but if he didn't become Darth Vader, how would you explain Ep. 4-6? :confused:

P

Princeton

Saw it twice and LOVED IT! Couple things I didn't like, though:

-What's the deal with Mace's death scene? I thought it was lame; also, what's a macho guy like Mace doing with a PURPLE lightsaber?
-Christoher Lee is an acting legend, so why did he die at the very beginning?
-I thought that Anakin's conversion to the Dark Side was a little too quick.
-Also, I thought Anakin's and Padme's acting was horrible.

Other than that, I really liked it!