Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

minor muppetz

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
That's ironic - I remember distinctly in 1994 when The Muppet Show was on Nickelodeon that they only showed those 9 episodes from Season 1 and they had Season 2 openings - those were the ones I taped - quite odd.
Nickelodeon also showed the episodes with Joel Grey, Ruth Buzzi, Phyllys Diller, Ben Vereen, Harvey Korman and Candace Bergan. most of them had the season 2 opening, but the Joel Grey episode was shown with the season 5 opening.

mattyboy

Reaction score
Nickelodeon also showed the episodes with Joel Grey, Ruth Buzzi, Phyllys Diller, Ben Vereen, Harvey Korman and Candace Bergan. most of them had the season 2 opening, but the Joel Grey episode was shown with the season 5 opening.
Sorry - I'm talking about the episodes airing on Nickelodeon in the U.K - but I'm still unsure if they did show more Season 1 episodes with possible original openings.

anathema

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
On the subject of which, all the copies of the Liberace ep I've seen, including off-air recordings and home video releases, are using part of the Season 5 opening titles. This clearly can't have been how the show was originally aired, and as the master tape appears to be in poor condition generally, I suspect it may be a botched attempt to repair some serious bit of damage.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
I had a feeling that it was a tyical US Dutch/Danish misunderstanding :big_grin:
Sorry, I remember now that RTL4 is a Dutch station, but I got the copies from a guy in Denmark. That's where the confusion was for me. It was a couple of years ago.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

anathema

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Sorry, I remember now that RTL4 is a Dutch station, but I got the copies from a guy in Denmark. That's where the confusion was for me. It was a couple of years ago.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Speaking of which...are you still up for doing a trade? :smile:

Animal

Reaction score
"Sorry, I remember now that RTL4 is a Dutch station, but I got the copies from a guy in Denmark. That's where the confusion was for me. It was a couple of years ago."

And that guy was...........ME! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow. Lots of Danish Muppet Fans. *thinks, Mmmm Danish...is that cream filed center?*

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been mentioned but the Amazon listing now states that the pilot episode that is included is "Sex and Violence" - lets hope the Valentine show makes it on to the Season 2 set.

Oliver

Reaction score
Douglas Fir said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but the Amazon listing now states that the pilot episode that is included is "Sex and Violence" - lets hope the Valentine show makes it on to the Season 2 set.

Great news, I could see an independant release in time for holiday promotions... that would be fine by me!