Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, I have finally seen it.

First I have to say, the nipple line? Definalty not worth all the fuss...

Secondly, Johnny and Sal...priceless.

Thirdly, I liked it. I didn't love it. It doesn't measure up to any other Muppet production (KSY excepted) but...it was good.

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Lenny has the right idea for me!

Lenny, I TOTALLY agree with you! I mean I'm probably the biggest OZ fan there is....ask me ANYTHING, and my love for the Muppets is just as big....so when the tow came together I thought it'd be a great day! My best friend came over, we got popcorn and snacks and sat on my bed watching.....and were sorely disappointed:cry:
I know that nobody will ever hold a candle to Judy Garland's performance, and I know that kdis today are very smart and savvy so I knew things would have to be updated......but I wasn't happy with the over-all outcome. Yes, I will say that Piggy's scene with her henchmen and the tub was great....but the movie as a whole just lacked something.

I'm sorry that I'm posting this so late, but I've been away and ill etc.... so when given the chance to "play" today, well, I took it!:smile:

I hope everyone is well and I hope to be back posting on a regular basis very soon!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I just saw the whole thing for the first time yesterday, and I have to say... while it had some good moments (Miss Piggy and her enchanted biker cap), overall it felt empty. It's OK to modernize a little but they did WAY too much. And frankly, the whole striptease chicken thing had me feeling pretty creeped out.

BEAR

Reaction score
bazooka_beak said:
I just saw the whole thing for the first time yesterday, and I have to say... while it had some good moments (Miss Piggy and her enchanted biker cap), overall it felt empty. It's OK to modernize a little but they did WAY too much. And frankly, the whole striptease chicken thing had me feeling pretty creeped out.

What did you see that you felt was unnecessarily modernized?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Hey. Sorry I'm like a zillion years late but I finally got to see it on Disney Channel!! And I loved it! As a muppet movie it was not good. As a movie it was good. Something that irritated me was the modernisation thing. I mean MCC and MTI weren't modernised. Apart from that it was fab! :smile:

pepestarr

Reaction score
I really liked MWOO. I thought it was one of Pepe's best performances and I found it funny. It was a shame that Robin the Frog wasn't in it but it was good to hear Ricky Boyd with Scooter and Crazy Harry and the Muppet Pirates back.

Messy Piggy

Reaction score
ehh...so so

Pepe has never won over my heart. I have some prejudice against him and any movie he's in and therefore those movies (for me) are not going to be nearly as good as pre-Pepe movies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Pepe is occasionally a good addition to the cast. I really liked him in the special features on IAVMMC. But mostly, I'm turned off by his "sexy" thing. It's just not very sophisticated adult humor. It's a kid's idea of what adult humor might be.

Count von Count

Reaction score
Your Thoughts on Muppets Of OZ.

Muppets of Oz, in my opinion it's worst Muppet movie, all the other ones are good, what do you think? I think it's one of the least talk about Muppet movie, but it was Nominated for Primetime Emmy. It looks like Frank Oz was not in it, but i could be wrong. And why does it say Company: 20th Century Fox Television was it not disney? Just tell me what you think, your opinion.