Favorite Cookie Monster Moments

Nicole

Reaction score
I have to say that my favorite moment is when Ernie was eating an apple and Cookie Monster asked him if he wanted a cookie (I think that is what took place.) and Ernie said: "No. An apple a day keeps the doctor away." That gives Cookie Monster an idea and he comes back dressed as a doctor and insists on giving Ernie a check-up. I remember listened to his heart and I think he also looked in his throat.

Oliver

Reaction score
Wow. Nobody mentioned the skit when Cookie Monster eats the moon and all you can see are his googly eyes in the dark.

Splurge

Reaction score
I'll always have a soft spot for the skit where an Orange AM woman (Fran) thinks that Cookie Monster is a coat, puts him on and exits, oblivious to his hints. "Uh, lady? Lady?"

The other fun part of that skit is seeing that pointy headed Green AM, who usually is played by Jim ("Lulu's Back in Town", "I'm Between") being played by Jerry with a snooty voice. *sniff!*

Censored

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
I'm 78% certain that "If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a cake" was just for a record album--never a filmed segment for the television show.

Quinnnnnnnnn

Actually, it was a very old skit from the early 70's, when Sesame Street used real songs for their skits. However, the television skit involved Ernie and Cookie Monster. The album song, at least one of them, has The Count and Cookie singing it.

Censored

Reaction score
Nicole said:
I have to say that my favorite moment is when Ernie was eating an apple and Cookie Monster asked him if he wanted a cookie (I think that is what took place.) and Ernie said: "No. An apple a day keeps the doctor away." That gives Cookie Monster an idea and he comes back dressed as a doctor and insists on giving Ernie a check-up. I remember listened to his heart and I think he also looked in his throat.

Yes, that was a funny one, especially when Cookie asks Ernie, "Where heart?" If a doctor had to ask me where my heart was before he checked, I might get just a little concerned. LOL

Censored

Reaction score
The Count said:
A quick question though. Who's Lulu and why is it said that she was Cookie Monster's "ex-girlfriend"?

There was a recent character added to Sesame Street in the late 90's or early 00's, named "Lulu" who was obsessed with singing, "Wheels On The Bus Go Round and Round."

However, the classic Lulu was Beautiful Day Monster in drag from the first season. (S)he danced around and a green AM sang "Lulu's Back In Town". Truly classic Sesame Street in the latter. As to why either Lulu would be "Cookie's ex-girlfriend", I haven't a clue.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Here's one:Cookie Monster sharing half of a Cookie to The Purple Female.
(That was on The Episode Where Telly and Baby Bear Share Hats From Season 30)What Year was that skit?

Censored

Reaction score
I loved "Up and Down" with Cookie and Herry. Two versions were made.

The first (the best) version of the early 70's had Cookie and Herry in their early forms, singing behind a wall and a blank background. At the end, Cookie reveals that he is looking up for his cookie because "a birdie picked it up and flew away with it up in the sky." As Cookie goes away, pleading for the bird to come back, it flies over Herry and drops the cookie in his hands and he casually eats it.

In the newer version of the mid 90's, Cookie and Herry are in a park. One verse of the song has been changed and there was no final gag of Herry catching and eating the cookie after Cookie Monster revealed his problem. The second one was definitely inferior, but it was good enough to strike a nostalgic cord in me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks GB. The earlier character known as "Lulu" who was rully Beautiful Day Monster is included in my listings under the L's as "LouLou" cause that'w what I was told it was spelled.
The other two characters from the last five seasons known as "Lulu" have been distinguished as "Lulu, the Green Monster" from the Monster's Field Trip; and "Lulu, the Purple Monster" since they're basically the same character just with a change in their fur color.
Hope you know what characters I'm talking and can help set me straight.

Klonoa

Reaction score
I remember one where Cookie was trying to get his baby cousin to eat cookies, but she would rather eat more healthy foods, like carrots, much to the frustration of Cookie Monster.

Or the live action skit where a baby was eating a cookie and making a HUGE mess. Cookie wanted to give her a big kiss after that.

--Klonoa