H.R. Pufnstuf: The Movie in development

D'Snowth

Reaction score
H.R. Pufnstuf: The Movie?

I was visiting IMDb today, and I just read that they've made plans for an H.R. Pufnstuf movie for 2007. Now, I'll admit that H.R. Pufnstuf was a cool TV show (I could've done without laugh tracks), but what would the plot of the movie be?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't know, but I can think of fifty stoner friends who'd see it in an instant.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's hard to believe they'd make a movie about TV show lasted for 17 episodes IN TOTAL!

Rowbes

Reaction score
They actually made a theatrical film in 1970 just after the show ended. Rather than continue the story, they started from scratch with Jimmy arriving on Living Island for the first time. I saw it on TV a couple years ago. So I don't really feel the need to see another one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I don't know, but I can think of fifty stoner friends who'd see it in an instant.
Which makes you wonder...who makes this stuff?

Bea:zany:{And where can I buy it...:stick_out_tongue:}regard

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
HR PuffnStuff porquoi?? what?? porque?? che?? que?

I was hooked on Kroft SuperStars(in the 70s & early 80s,20 years ago).I can't see what kind of plot line could occur with HR PuffnStuff,kinda scary if you ask me.Boy...Could comment further,but I'll keep it to myself...:eek:

Censored

Reaction score
H.R. Pufnstuf was really a very popular show when it was new and in syndication. From what I've read, the reason that there were only 17 episodes was because they ran out of money and couldn't afford to keep it going with the standards that the Krofts wanted. For example, Sid and Marty wanted to keep the show on film instead of tape. The very last episode is mostly a bunch of flashbacks because they couldn't afford to make anything new. The premise was that Jimmy got amnesia and everyone was bringing up old times to help him get his memory back. After the show had gone off the air in the early 70's, the reruns came on every weekday morning, all 17 episodes one after the other. I doubt if the new movie will be as good, because part of the magic was the whole era that it was made, but I will definitely go see it.

Censored

Reaction score
Rowbes said:
They actually made a theatrical film in 1970 just after the show ended. Rather than continue the story, they started from scratch with Jimmy arriving on Living Island for the first time. I saw it on TV a couple years ago. So I don't really feel the need to see another one.
Yes, I've seen that one and it's really good. They also made some H.R. Pufnstuf comic books.