Favorite celebrity appearances on "Sesame Street"...

ssetta

Reaction score
ManoftheSTREET, you know, for some reason, I get the impression that the "Yakety Yak" thing was actually not produced by Sesame Street. I think that back then, when recycling was really big, they got permission to air that segment with all those stars. In my opinion, it didn't even look like Sesame Street. Because I noticed it even had Bugs Bunny. Who else did it have? I also noticed that it was used in a total of 4 shows altogether. 2 shows in season 24, 1 show in season 25, and then, 1 show in season 28. And I noticed that each show that used it, at the end of the show, between the close and the fundraisers, there would be something that said, "Yakety Yak video provided by the Take It Back foundation, Inc." or something like that. And what exactly do you mean, PSA?

Lu775

Reaction score
PSA = Public Service Annoucement

(ie, don't do drugs, don't litter, don't drink and drive, etc, etc)

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
ssetta, I know it wasn't produced by CTW/Sesame Workshop...

They just got the rights to include "Yakety Yak" in a few episodes.

When I said "through the back", I guess I should have said "It allowed indirect 'Street' appearances by..."

Would that be a little better?

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

MIKEB97

Reaction score
* Bill Cosby
* Jodie Foster
* Susan Sarandon
* Robin Williams
* Robert MacNiel
* Pee Wee Herman
* Keb Mo
* B.B King
* Phil Donahue
* Flip Wilson
* Madeline Kahn
* Candice Bergen
* Lena Horne
* Jim Henson
* Danny Devito
* Paul Simon
* Gene Skiskel
* Roger Ebert
* Fred Rogers
*James Earl Jones and many many more!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Matt,

TravellingMatt said:
Maya Angelou singing about her name (and quite horribly, I might add...stick to the poetry)!

I have to disagree, I totaly loved it when Maya sung with Lexine, Carlo and Elmo. So she isnt A singer, She is still fantastic. And her voice is wonderful too.

"Maya's my name and i like it just fine!"

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Hey, please don't dis Maya's singing, I think she did a great job. :smile: And I loved all of the other sketches that have been mentioned here so far. :smile:

Millicent

Splurge

Reaction score
I like Robin Williams' thought of the day: "Try walking around with a banana in your shoe and you'll know what a day is." :smile:

billyk

Reaction score
Stevie Wonder in '72 or '73 doing 1,2,3..Sesame Street, fooling around with Grover, and an extra long version of Superstition. Awesome!

Love the part in Superstition where the girl with dark hair is headbanging at the top of the stairs in the SS yard.