How's the weather where you are?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to say it's not cold here. Philly reached 67. It was cloudy instead of sunny like yesterday, but the rain has held up so far all day. I just got back from another nice power walk after work.

Skye

Reaction score
Thanks Skye. Yes, no matter what we are great buds and that's awesome.
But a lot of good stuff today with my time with her, so may still come about like you say. I asked her to let me know anytime she wants to go for a walk together when the weather starts getting warmer. She said sure. If we can just start doing that it'll be a great further developing of our relationship. A co-worker of mine tried to encourage me today. He thinks it is just a matter of time before she becomes my girl because, "she likes me too much to not become mine."

I like to leave her notes with just the first letters and she enjoys figuring them out. Like if I write H Y H A N L , she knew it was "Hope you had a nice lunch." Well today I took a gamble in maybe coming on too strong by giving her a note that said I L Y. But she giggled and said, "I love you too." So that went over pretty good. :smile:

But I really should try to hold back a little more. It's just hard because I like her so much.
I just have to say that your note thing with her is the cutest thing in the whole world. And how sweet that the chance you took worked out so well! I couldn't help "awwww"-ing at that, hehe. I think her response was quite an encouraging sign! It's funny because it can be hard to find a balance. It is very true that you don't want to come on too strong and scare her away. But I think that you not being able to help going that extra mile to show her you like her and how much you care about her is the most wonderful thing. :smile: As long as she continues to be receptive, I say go for it! Keep on doing what you're doing since you do seem to have found a balance that is working very well so far. And I will keep hoping for even more encouraging signs from her! :smile:

Lol, and for the weather, I agree with Beth. It's March... almost spring. Yet it's so cold here. I think it's time for the weather to start cooperating with the calendar!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks once again so much, Skye. I really appreciate all your nice encouraging thoughtful reponses. :smile:

Today my baby was sick with a stomach virus and went home half way through. But one very special thing this morning was our department had a meeting for about an hour. It was at 10am. So at 8am I was seeing her for the first time today and when she mentioned about the meeting in 2 hours I said, "How about I come by at ten of ten and come 'pick you up'?" Heh, what I meant was come to where she was working in the building and then the two of us walk to the meeting together and sit together. Which we did. :smile:
She apologized a couple of times for "not being the best of company" because of not feeling well. I told her, "Oh hey, I totally understand. And anyway, it makes my day just to be in your presence like this." Heh heh, I even proceeded to give her that line from Mr. Rogers: "You always make every day special for me. You know how don't you? By just your being YOU!"
And yes Skye, reading her reactions is a good key too. Like she is usually very happy and appreciative when I buy her a soda, water, or gatorade. But one time recently she seemed a little pained and said, "Aw you don't have to keep buying me a drink every day." Balance, like you also say, is a good key. Spontaneous and periodic little gifts and gestures like that mean a lot to her. But pouring it on excessively probably makes her think it is too strong and that I am spending or sacrificing too much for her.
Now if she does become my gf, then she should feel comfortable in taking all my money and time, heh!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Rained a little bit but it looks better than it did.

Daniel

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Raining all day! we where going to get some thunder storms but they havn't showed up yet.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ugg, it snowed this morning and made driving into work not a whole lot of fun. Yuck. I'm ready for spring.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Cold, kinda yucky looking, it'll be ok I guess. No rain yet, but we'll see.

Daniel

Skye

Reaction score
Thanks once again so much, Skye. I really appreciate all your nice encouraging thoughtful reponses.

Today my baby was sick with a stomach virus and went home half way through. But one very special thing this morning was our department had a meeting for about an hour. It was at 10am. So at 8am I was seeing her for the first time today and when she mentioned about the meeting in 2 hours I said, "How about I come by at ten of ten and come 'pick you up'?" Heh, what I meant was come to where she was working in the building and then the two of us walk to the meeting together and sit together. Which we did.
She apologized a couple of times for "not being the best of company" because of not feeling well. I told her, "Oh hey, I totally understand. And anyway, it makes my day just to be in your presence like this." Heh heh, I even proceeded to give her that line from Mr. Rogers: "You always make every day special for me. You know how don't you? By just your being YOU!"
And yes Skye, reading her reactions is a good key too. Like she is usually very happy and appreciative when I buy her a soda, water, or gatorade. But one time recently she seemed a little pained and said, "Aw you don't have to keep buying me a drink every day." Balance, like you also say, is a good key. Spontaneous and periodic little gifts and gestures like that mean a lot to her. But pouring it on excessively probably makes her think it is too strong and that I am spending or sacrificing too much for her.
Now if she does become my gf, then she should feel comfortable in taking all my money and time, heh!
Aww, you're very welcome, Ziffel! :smile:

I'm so sorry to hear she was sick yesterday. I hope she was feeling better today, and that you got to see her!
What a fun time when you went to pick her up, hehe, and walked to the meeting with her yesterday. Aww, and the things you told her were very sweet. That Mr. Rogers line is perfect, too! I bet that made her feel pretty darn great. And with her being sick, you letting her know that you just love being in her presence probably made her feel even more special, which is wonderful.
That's exactly right. Balance is such an important thing, especially when you're hoping to start a relationship. And I think it's wonderful that you know it means the most to her when you do spontaneous special little gestures every now and then instead of doing too much too soon. You don't want to make her uncomfortable. That is definitely the trick. But as long as you remember that and the things that make her happiest, that's what it's all about. It can be hard to hold back since you like her so much, but occasionally holding back (at least right now) will hopefully be worth it in the end. :smile:
Hehe, that last sentence of yours is so great. Gotta treat your woman right, lol!

Let's see, the weather today is pretty similar to the way it's been recently... cold and icky. But the sun's out today, which is very nice to see. Makes it seem better, at least when you're looking at it and not out in it, lol!