Muppet Vision 3D

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
DID SOMEBODY SAY CHEAP 3D TRICKS!!!
Oh man that was great. I love 3D movie shows, and that was certainly the best one. As for my favorite part, that's a tough choice. The video deal in the waiting area was great, with scooter walking from screen to screen.
But i say my very favorite thing was the swedish chef at the back of the theatre. And then when he shot tha cannon, that was priceless. I wish I could be at disney world all of the time.

MuppetVison

Reaction score
hey Kansasteen are you the same person fro mthe toonfinder site?

Anyways. Is that all the differences?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I took a picture of Statler and Waldorf in the theatre and got yelled at for using flash photography!

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
I took a picture of Statler and Waldorf in the theatre and got yelled at for using flash photography!
LOL!! Serves you right! hehe!

I love Muppet Vision 3d....maybe Joe will take me to Florida one day so we can go there :smile: lalalaaaa :wink:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
muppetvision I am from Toonfinder.and the outfits of Stalder and Waldorf are the only big difference and the props in the que.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Seen it three times!

(all three times were down in Florida, btw)

First time was in '96, when my family and I went down to Disney World for vacation. Don't remember much about that time (me and my selective swiss-cheese memory) except that I absolutely loved the show.

Second and third times were in '99, when my high school band went down to Florida to march at Universal and at Disney World (we got to march in front of the Main Street Electrical Parade! Hee!). During the day we spent at MGM, I dragged the other four girls in my group (fortunately all of us were friends, so they weren't too mad at me) to see MuppetVision. We liked it so much that we went again later in the day!

My favorite part, I admit, isn't the movie itself but the preshow. Poor Scooter is stuck playing straight man to everyone else for the entire time (or at least until Sam gets there to relay his "important safety instructions). And Gonzo's tap-dancing with a pot of flowers balanced on his head is classic!

Also, though Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson was technically filmed afterwards, MV3D was released later due to the technology involved, so it's not only Jim's final triumph, it's Richard's final triumph as well.
This may sound weird, but I've noticed that the only major puppetry Richard did was Scooter (and a couple minor characters) in the pre-show and Beaker in the movie; the rest was all voice work (Sweetums and Statler). And of course my brain has to go and wonder if this was just because Scooter was more of a "backstage" character, or because he was already sick at that point.

Of course, like I said I could be completely off-base with that last one.

-Kim

electricmayhem

Reaction score
During the day we spent at MGM, I dragged the other four girls in my group (fortunately all of us were friends, so they weren't too mad at me) to see MuppetVision.

My high school also went to Disney World for a music trip and i did the exact same thing. As soon as my friends and I hit MGM that was the first place i made them go!!

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Kim

I had the same question about Richard's absence in the project a while back, and Rick Lyon (a Henson puppeteer who used to be a more frequent visitor to these parts) cleared things up for me. He said that Richard's illness had nothing to do with it, and that Richard and Dave Goelz were responsible for the programming of the animatronic characters in the theater. As for the reason Scooter wasn't in the movie, Rick said that, at that time, they were pushing Bean Bunny as the over-eager assistant (which had been Scooter's role in the Muppet Show), so there was really no need to Scooter in the movie.

If you noticed, Jerry Nelson is also MIA. If memory serves, Rick said that Jerry was on Sesame Street at the time; Richard was likely there during the shooting of the 3D movie too.

I hope that helps.

Scott