Fraggle Rock Season 1 arrives September 6

Oliver

Reaction score
I'm really upset that the bonus ANIMATED EPISODES that were featured as extras on the individual releases haven't been announced for Season One!

I'll be EXTREMELY dissapointed if these are not carried over!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Maybe if this set sells well, they'll be put on one of the other seasons.

luvtosr

Reaction score
Or, you never know, there may be a few more 3 or 4 episode DVDs to be released with episodes from the later seasons and they might have them on. I mean, even if I knew they were going to eventually bring out all the season box sets, I'd still buy a single DVD if it had an episode I don't have.

Realistically, if they are going to release all the season sets it will take a minimum of five years at one set a year so there's plenty of scope for making more money out of us !!! :smirk:

Oliver

Reaction score
I emailed Hit! and they responded saying it was a company decision to not include the Fraggle Rock animated episodes... :boo:

If more people email them requesting that they include some of the cartoons as extras on future sets, maybe it'll have some pull.

I'm dissapointed, this was the only draw of the single disc releases to me. I haven't seen the FR cartoon in 20 years and would've been such a nostalgia trip..

Email Hit! and let them know that we at the very least, want the animated epidoes that are currently on the single disc releases, ported over to the season sets.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Somewhere above the clouds, Jim is smiling. :smile:

And so am I.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Both Season One and the new single-disc are now at HIT's online store. Oddly enough, they don't list the bonus CD-ROM for S1:

http://www.hitstoreusa.com/videoanddvd1.html

On a side note, all this talk about TMS's Amazon ranking has drawn some attention to FR (maybe). As of now it's at #123, still four weeks before release.

Only "Lost S1" and "Charmed S2" are ranked higher for Sept. 6th!

Movies205

Reaction score
baby sinclair said:
I'll have to admit that i'm not too fond of the small amount of bonus features.But i am happy to finally get to own and rediscover all these episodes which i have not seen since i was tooo young to remember.Luckily it comes out a few days before my birthday or i would'nt be able to afford it until christmas. :excited:
That's a tad ungrateful all considering it's a show that hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years and I have great respect foR HIT to go out on a limb and release season sets so quickly just because the fans e-mail them about it. These are about the same amount if not more than the Batman TAS animated series season set so I'm thrilled and I actually love the box art.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
That's a tad ungrateful all considering it's a show that hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years and I have great respect foR HIT to go out on a limb and release season sets so quickly just because the fans e-mail them about it.
Quickly and because of emails?

This decision has been mulled over for at least a year now. And are you familiar with Warricks petiton? A little more than a few fan emails..

jamminjake

Reaction score
I just emailed Hit about the animated series. If you visit the Hit Fraggle Rock Season 1 DVD page(http://www.hitstoreusa.com/frroboxsefis.html) You will see what the side of the package looks like, running time, and something intresting is "From a fun-loving group of furry subterranean creatures came millions of fans, 100 original songs. 96 total episodes, 5 seasons, but only one First Season Boxed Set." If Hit is willing to state all that maybe they will be putting out future season sets?