What is your strangest habit?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if it qualifies as "strange", but every morning I follow the exact same routine with my computer: I check my LJ Friends list, then my AOL inbox. If there's an updated story alert from FanFiction.Net, I go and read that fic after finishing with my e-mails. If not, I move on to this forum and check what's going on here.

And I do it unfailingly, unerringly, every single day. And I won't do anything around the house in the way of chores and things until I've followed through with my daily routine.

Also, when I'm at home alone, it's not unusual for me to stick five CDs into our stereo and listen to music while I'm doing the dishes or something. But for some weird reason, I always leave the TV in the family room on but with the sound off.

-Kim

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Oh, here's a few other strange habits of mine:

I cannot drink soda without ice. Really, I can't.
Same here, only I drink Koolaid with ice. Soda makes me sick.

That Announcer said:
I pick the tomato off my hamburgers, and I really hate mustard on them as well.
All I like on my burgers are ketchup and pickles.

That Announcer said:
Hot glue guns freak me out.
I can't the smell of hot glue, that's why I tend to get a little impatient with my puppet building.

That Announcer said:
I've worn my Simpsons "2000" baseball cap every day now for three years, and I ain't stopping anytime soon.
For an entire summer, I wore the EXACT same outfit EVERYDAY! A periwinkle golf shirt, and royal blue shorts.

I set up my desks precisely the same way every time I'm writing a final exam- three pencils and one pen in the upper left corner with a package of tissues next to them, water bottle in the opposite corner, Palisades figure dead in the upper middle.
You're lucky! When ever we take tests, the teachers always say: "Clear EVERYTHING off of your desks." If we have drinks, we have to have them under out chairs.

That Announcer said:
If anything at all buzzes in my ear, I jump. Fly, hornet, bee, wasp, they all creep the heck out of me.
Insects bug me. :crazy:

That Announcer said:
I golf. (This may not be strange to you, but it is to everyone else in my class.)
I like golf.

That Announcer said:
I listen to the Crash Test Dummies, the Monkees and Wendy Carlos- not music that one would consider normal for a 13-year-old.
Hey man, I listen to anything 60's, in addition to watching 60's television such as: Bewitched, Mister Ed, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres, etc.

That Announcer

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I like golf.

Hey man, I listen to anything 60's, in addition to watching 60's television such as: Bewitched, Mister Ed, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres, etc.
(Cue Peter Popoff-that'swhatmybraindid) "PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE JESUS!"

I didn't know that there was actually anyone who was as into the 60's as I am! Ought to send you a list of my CD collection sometime, it's mostly 50's and 60's stuff. I've spend a good $850 on Monkees merchandise over the years.

A few more odd habits:

I talk in Newfie terms, even though I was born in Nova Scotia.
Whenever somebody from Newfoundland comes on TV, I get really, really excited.
I have a mortal fear of butcher's knives.
I work standup comedy quotes into my everyday conversation (Jerry Seinfeld seems to work the best, with Robin Williams a very close second.)
I have a personal relationship with the guys behind the counter at Taz Records, my local used record shop.
Speaking of records, used record stores are my favorite smell.
I make Sunday pilgrimages to the flea market.
I someday hope to own my own DVD store.
I buy DVDs obsessively, my collection is just past 150 cases. (The disc total is way past 200.)
If I tear a book, I buy a new copy of that book.
I cannot stand the sound of a vacuum cleaner. (This is possibly my weirdest habit, but it may stem from my possibly sensitive ears.)
I am afraid of beer.
I hate the smell of Red Bull.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since you're so big on DVD's, know any place where I can get just blank, plain, empty DVD cases instead of those little clear plastic ones that CD's come in?

That Announcer said:
I someday hope to own my own DVD store.
I'm sure you'll make it. I someday hope to be a muppeteer for Sesame Street. Unfortunately, if Congress really DOES stop funding the Corporation of Public Broadcasting, then goodbye Sesame Street....didn't even live to see 40.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I've been having a lot of fun reading about people's habits, I guess it's time to share mine.

When I eat Lucky Charms, I always eat the oats before eating the marshmellow charms.

When I eat Spaghettios w/ Meatballs (my favorite!), I always eat the pasta before I get to the meatballs.

When I eat Swiss Cake Rolls, I slowly chew the chocolate coating off first, then devour the actual cake roll.

I floss (based on the number of people who find in odd that I floss every night, I suppose this needs to be categorized as a strange habit)

I wander into the second bedroom (aka library, movie room, cool room, Muppets room) and stare at my Muppets stuff. No other reason, just to stare.

I hug laundry that comes out of the dryer.

I always read the newspaper in this order: Sports, FYI (aka funnies), Front section, Metropolitan, then go back to FYI to do the crossword and other puzzle games.

When my goatee gets long enough, I twist it constantly.

When my soul patch gets long enough, I press it between my lips.

I dance to music, in my head and otherwise.

I still go into EB Games to look for Muppets stuff (they haven't had anything Muppets in months)

I watch Kansas City Royals baseball.

BEAR

Reaction score
I forgot another one...I tend to always have my car air conditioner on when i am driving. Even if its not that hot out.

Rowbes

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I have to take a big whiff of that powdered cheese that comes with Kraft Dinner before dumping it into the pot.
So it's true! People in Canada do call it "Kraft Dinner." I thought that was something they made up on South Park.

My strangest habit is pointing out interesting things Canadian people say.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
me...

Some more unusual habits of moi:
  • I eat 2 different cereals together(usually Total Raisin Bran along with Frosted Flakes or Lucky Charms)
  • sometimes,I'll toast a bagel,and eat/scoop out the breading & eat that first,then the rest
  • I'll freeze or refrig. Ho-Ho's and then eat the outer chocolate first,then the cake part
  • I love to hug/lounge on the dryer when its in mid-cycle(especially during the winter)
  • I just ate pizza for breakfast
  • I have to have cool air/a fan blowing on me all the time,even while I sleep
  • I eat the top off of a pizza(topping & cheese),before proceeding with the dough
  • I tend to eat the raisins first in Raisin Bran,before eating the bran
  • I love talking baby talk to my cat
  • I like salad dressing on toast & bagels
  • I eat French fries with chopsticks
  • I have new appreciation everytime I look at my tattoos
  • I tend to crack the bottom joint of my left middle finger
M*A*S*H & The Monkees,2 of my all-time favorites,way cool.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
[*]I love talking baby talk to my cat
I love to do the same thing wif my wittle baby bunny! The only thing is...........she hates me! My own bunny hates me!