Best "Sesame Street" Celebrity Parodies

Victoria

Reaction score
I like when, I wanna say Richard pryor, but doubt it, was dancing with the letter "U" and the music was, "really got a hold on you" :smile: and the U would grab him and he would try to run in slow motion.

Ohhh, i'm off topic. Sorry! :grouchy:

Splurge

Reaction score
Victoria said:
I like when, I wanna say Richard pryor, but doubt it, was dancing with the letter "U" and the music was, "really got a hold on you" :smile: and the U would grab him and he would try to run in slow motion.

Ohhh, i'm off topic. Sorry! :grouchy:
Smokey Robinson. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
How about the Dolly Parton muppet, Polly Darton? When she sang to a little dog, Goodbye to You With My Heart.

And that time she sang a 9 to 5 parody called, Counting 1 to 5.

And that Under the Weather song where she sang and this cowboy kept getting rained on, snowed, and blown by the wind. Maybe he was her old boyfriend and Polly invited him on stage and planned that weather torture just to get back at him.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Muppet Pro said:
I just got my copy of Sesame Road. It's halarious. Know I got my eye on "Born To Add". Bye the way, Does anyone Remember there was another song by The Sesame Street Beatles, It had something to do with The Letter "U", Then at the end The U is coming down slowly, then stops, then quickly comes down and crushes them. And I was wondering if the song "Hey Food" was ever on Television ? I noticed it (Hey Food) was made in 1983. :smile:
Yes.I remember seeing Cookie Monster and The SS Beatles.

Soul H

Reaction score
If you ask me, I think the parody name for Joe Cocker shoulda been Joe Cockerspaniel (hence the dog name.)

ssetta said:
I do love Bruce Stringbean's "Born To Add," along with some of those other rock parodies, such as:

The Beetles "Letter B", "Hey Food"
Mick Swagger and the Cobble Stones "(I Can't Get No) Co-Operation)"
Moe Cocker "A Little Yelp From My Friends"
Billy Idle "Rebel L"
Over The Top "ZZ Blues"
How Now Brown & The Moo Wave "Wet Paint", "Danger's No Stranger"

And of course, anything by Chris and the Alphabeats or Little Jerry and the Monotones. Not all rock parody songs had names of the groups, or singers. And if they did, for example, Bruce Stringbean, I don't ever recall his name being used on the show. I think it was only used on the album.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't like the sketch with both Dr. Feel and Dr. Phil, left me unsatisfied.
Laughed out when they showed Triangle Bob Trianglepants.
Born to Add by Bruce Stringbean is one of my perennial faves, got the album too. Strange thing about that one is that when I bought it, it had a normal record album but came with a cassette tape instead. The cover, which I remember from when I had better sight, is rully funny/neat. Imagine Cookie Monster filling in for Zoot, complete with Beatnik hat and glasses and coat and saxophone. And then you've got Bert standing next to him wearing his trademark pants and saddleshoes, but he's got a white shirt and a brown bomber jacket instead. Bert's also holding an electric guitar and he's got a red round pin showing the math equation "2+2 = 4".
Hope this helps and have a good Muppety day.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
Placido Flamingo--Telephone Opera is wonderful, and I find myself singing it constantly.

Quinnnnnnn
id like to hear this. do u know where i could find it?

Soul H

Reaction score
To answer your questions, the name of the U song sung by the Beetles was called "Thinking of U" (but they didn't get crunched whereas the stage did.) And Hey Food was a music video on Sesame Street..

Muppet Pro said:
I just got my copy of Sesame Road. It's halarious. Know I got my eye on "Born To Add". Bye the way, Does anyone Remember there was another song by The Sesame Street Beatles, It had something to do with The Letter "U", Then at the end The U is coming down slowly, then stops, then quickly comes down and crushes them. And I was wondering if the song "Hey Food" was ever on Television ? I noticed it (Hey Food) was made in 1983. :smile:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
To answer your questions, the name of the U song sung by the Beetles was called "Thinking of U" (but they didn't get crunched whereas the stage did.) And Hey Food was a music video on Sesame Street..
You know something, I think "Thinking of U" was a parody of The Beatles song, "Here, There, and Everywhere" from Revolver.