Mirrormask has a release date!!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I bought the MirrorMask book yesterday,looking forward to reading it...:smile:

Uados

Reaction score
It does appear to be a very artistic film, but based on the footage Ive seen it feels more like a television production than a theatrical one.

Has everyone seen the preview clip?:
http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_mirrormask_movie_clip

And it might have been a poor choice choosing September 30th, as that is the USA release date for Serenity, which stands a good chance of doing well at the box office.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
exactly!

Yes, that's it! It looked more like a high budget T.V. series, then an actual theatrical release. It has that glossy slick look that you would find watching on t.v., but I don't think it has the stamina and appeal to hold up to a theater audience.

however, only time will tell. . . again. Honestly, I think the Henson company has just picked some weird stories and remakes lately . . .

side note.

I know people have been paying out the nose to get Muppet Movie on DVD. I ran across a copy sitting at Circuit City for 14 bucks, brand new. so, becareful before you shell out 60 bucks for this (in my opinion) poor transfer. It may just be sitting on a shelf somewhere. Im still shocked Henson released this film, Jim's landmark film, with such poor quality and little to no extras. There is sure to be a better release on the horizon.. . if not???? shame on you Brian!!

alorindanya

Reaction score
I have two friends who have already seen this film. Have faith. They had only rave things to say about it.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
*prays* Please let this be better than the previews. Please let this be better than the previews!

Movies205

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether this is going be a limited or wide release?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
mirrormask out wow

Whoops :embarrassed: I guess I read something wrong there in the letter I read before I mad my last post because I thought that the movie had already come out and I had missed it, oh well, maybe I will get to see it when it hits the theatres, especially since my daughter will be in preschool by that time.