who is this purple muppet?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, sorry. Wasn't sure how you want to title them. And there are many tourist rats, but I don't think they have names.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help MrsPepper. Will probably ask around and come to some concenssus with my other sources.

Have a good day.

BEAR

Reaction score
I am certain there were more pirates with names. If you want to take the time to do this, watch the movie again with close captioning. Sometimes they will show the character's name in parenthesis in front of their line (especially if the line is spoken off camera). I am sure that is how i learned some of the names.
Also, random question..was Robin really in MTI? I keep seeing people list him in the credits.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Robin is shown walking out of the BenBow Inn at the beginning.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Very welcome, Count.
No, Robin was not in MTI. I've watched it enough to know that.
(Edit: Gasp, I was wrong! :embarrassed: Forgot about that part!)
I only have the movie on tape, so watching the closed captions or subtitles is a no-go for me. I know that That Announcer has it on DVD, so maybe we can enlist him to help.

zootlove

Reaction score
I always thought that he looked kind of Mad Hatter-ish. Am I the only one who thinks that? :cool:

zootlove

Reaction score
I just found out that Calico Jerry was played by a guy named Fredrick Warder. An actor not a muppet. Just to let you guys and gals know. :cool:

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Well there seem to be a lot of missing characters, for instance, many of the different animal who sing lines in the opening number.

Gonzo and Rizzo should perhaps be listed in there in there MTI capacities as each of the other characters are.

In the Admiral Benbow, Rowlf, Robin, Bean Bunny, 2 Pigs and a potatoe (?) (addressed by Mrs. Bluberidge as "Madam") all appear.

"Blind Pew's Pirates" probably deserve a listing; as perhaps does Mr Bimble; but certainally the rats on the “Caribbean Pirate Cruise” as provided by “Rat Tours Limited.”

Now for the pirates! The Electric Mayhem, Sweetums and Lew Zealand appear as pirates, the only other names I know I think are from the role call. There is also the ant who I believe was used in the animal show but I cannot remember his name in either.

Finally, there is the Swedish Chef: Cook to the Pigs. We had to get him into this listing somehow!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yes, Harvey Towers, that last line was awesome. ^_^

Alright, this whole thread has encouraged me to go out and buy MTI on DVD now... Let's hope I can find it!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I've seen it at Best Buy a lot. That's where I got my copy. Oh wait no, my grandma gave me my copy. Never mind. But I have seen it there!