Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

BEAR

Reaction score
chestermcdragon said:
the old one sucked!i think.willy wonka was all wrong!in the old one he was quiet and calm,in the book he is wild and wacky!

Gene Wilder's character was a little more mellow but he was still nuts. And in the end he had that scene where he went crazy and yelled. Plus, he added heart to the character. Johnny Depp added nothing. He was weird and crazy but no one cared about him. I mean, he a very unsympathetic character. Depp played him the same throughout the whole film. He was a clowny jerk.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Nope, I won't being seeing this one. I love Gene Wilder and the original version did so much for me, it will be forever in my heart.
There are so many disappointing movies out these days that I'll trust my instinct and spare myself the grief.

:wink:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
But the dvd smells like chocolate! Chocolate, I tells ya!

:zany:
Hey mine doesn't smell like chocolate! I want a chocolate smelling dvd now!:mad:

Seriously though I bought the dvd as soon as it came out and I love it. I could watch that movie over and over again. I guess I already have seeing as I saw it 5 times in theaters. Yeah I was a bit obsessive.

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
Hey mine doesn't smell like chocolate! I want a chocolate smelling dvd now!:mad:

Seriously though I bought the dvd as soon as it came out and I love it. I could watch that movie over and over again. I guess I already have seeing as I saw it 5 times in theaters. Yeah I was a bit obsessive.
did you read it?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I read it when I was about 7. Have you ever read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator? Not so good...