Strange Moments In Your Life

luvtosr

Reaction score
Ah, forgive my lack of knowledge but what exactly is 'broiled'? I have only ever heard it in American programmes/films. (You'll find I might ask a lot of these cross-Atlantic translation questions but hey, that's how I found out a rutabaga is a swede and molasses is like treacle, knowledge that will help me sleep sounder in my bed tonight.)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Um...Strange things...Think Ryan think! Oh! I know! In my 6th grade class we had three guys named Aaron! Aaron H., Aaron B., Aaron E., Aaron L., and Aaron J.! Ok...Not so strange...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just remembered another strange moment in my life...one day, I stepped out on the front porch, and it was raining. "What's so strange about that D'Snowth?" you ask? Well, I'll tell ya! There wasn't a single cloud in the sky! Blue skies, yellow sun, and it was raining!

That Announcer

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Um...Strange things...Think Ryan think! Oh! I know! In my 6th grade class we had three guys named Aaron! Aaron H., Aaron B., Aaron E., Aaron L., and Aaron J.! Ok...Not so strange...
Oh, my school is replete with multiple names. We've got two guys called Liam (myself and some guy in a younger grade), three Conors (two of who are in the same grade), and two Davids. Heh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Oh, my school is replete with multiple names. We've got two guys called Liam (myself and some guy in a younger grade), three Conors (two of who are in the same grade), and two Davids. Heh.
I have two friends named David, and a cousin named David, who's biological father's name is also David. It's a small world full of Davids!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Straonge things? Hmmm...

Well, this didn't happen to me, directly. But I have an aunt who lives in California, and several years ago when my grandfather had cancer she came out to spend Thanksgiving with us. My grandfather died the day that she was supposed to fly back to California, and when my grandmother tried to get a hold of her at the airport she was told that my aunt was on her flight and the plane was taxi-ing down the runway.

Five minutes later the plane was grounded because of some sort of engine trouble. The passengers disembarked and were refunded the cost of their tickets, and my aunt was notified about my grandfather's death. She stayed in town until a couple days or so after the funeral.

So, was it just engine trouble? Or was it more than that?

-Kim

Ernie101

Reaction score
Wow, Kim that is interesting.. what do you think?

ceecee

Reaction score
Well I don't have an answer to the previous post, but I'd like to share a strange moment from this past weekend.

My husband and I were visiting this rather touristy town and all of a sudden a big storm came up. My husband just wanted to find a place to buy socks (because we had just ran in a race, and he needed a new pair). Finding socks on a street lined with touristy antique shops is harder than one might think.

Anyway, we were crossing the street to a drug store when it started to downpour. We weren't too concerned though. Still on a quest for socks. Go into the drug store, and the power goes out. We decide to wait out the storm for awhile, so we're sitting on the floor of a drug store in the dark. It was weird. I had an overwhelming sensation to shop lift, you know, just because it was dark, and who would see me, etc. But, I was good and did not (which was hard, because I was sitting next to chocolate.)

But my husband still wants socks, so he finds someone to help him. She finds socks that are 30% off, but the cash register isn't working, so she doesn't know exactly how much they are. "How about 5 bucks?" she says. Sure.

So then, it's weird because it's still dark in the store, and there's my husband, changing socks on the floor of a drug store in the dark.

Sorry if I rambled for way too long about this. This is probably my longest post ever on MC and it's about socks in a dark drug store. Weird.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Wow, that must have taken a lot of effort not to take that chocolate. I'm not sure I have that kind of self control. But kudos on your longest post, who cares that it's about socks, and I love your signature. Thanks for sharing a strange moment in your life with us.