What's your favorite Sesame 1-2-3's?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
That's one of the earliest number segments I remember seeing; does anybody know whether it aired in Season Two? (I seem to remember that Season One episodes never taught numbers higher than ten; if I'm right, the "11" clip couldn't be that old.)

Heck, yeah...I must've driven Mom crazy singing that one when I was a girl. If Sesame Workshop ever records a DVD of classic number clips, the "11" and "5" oldies definitely belong there. :sing:
I think that song' dumb but the story you tell is funny. Your mom should of just been happy you were learning how to count.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Numbers in the military.

I looked though this whole thread so I doubt this was mentioned.
a 0 who's a sergent orders all the numbers to line up and say their names. the 5 doesn't speak loud enough, the 9 thinks he's an 11 and get's scolded badly for it, the 17 is still asleep and the 0 has to runs back and get him.

After all the count's done and the 0 dismisses them, the 17 is left behind sleeping again.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
the originals and 24

I liked the famous falling baker sketches from the beginning. I also like the one for the number 24 where the Count is watching the show 24 on TV and the TV counts 24 seconds while the man hangs from this apparently extremely high cliff and then at the last second he loses his grip and... realizes that he's only two inches from the ground.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 HA HA HA!!!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Wow, a new one for me!

mikebennidict said:
I looked though this whole thread so I doubt this was mentioned.
a 0 who's a sergent orders all the numbers to line up and say their names. the 5 doesn't speak loud enough, the 9 thinks he's an 11 and get's scolded badly for it, the 17 is still asleep and the 0 has to runs back and get him.

After all the count's done and the 0 dismisses them, the 17 is left behind sleeping again.
Although I generally dislike sketches which make letters/numbers into characters with minds of their own, this one sounds funny and vivid enough for me to make an exception. (I've never seen it, though; does anybody know when this sketch originally aired?)

ISNorden

Reaction score
Let's sing a song of--EEEEK!

abiraniriba said:
I liked the famous falling baker sketches from the beginning. I also like the one for the number 24 where the Count is watching the show 24 on TV and the TV counts 24 seconds while the man hangs from this apparently extremely high cliff and then at the last second he loses his grip and... realizes that he's only two inches from the ground.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 HA HA HA!!!
I must be one of the few Gen-X kids who were glad to see those Baker sketches retired. First, the intense special effects at the beginning went a bit too far: how many other kindergartners thought those psychedelic numbers were going to zoom right out of the TV and hit them in the face? More of them than you'd think, I'll bet... :eek: Second, I had already developed a falling phobia for real-life reasons; seeing the baker lose his balance on the stairs every time only strengthened my fears. (Would it have bothered CTW too much if they'd let him come down safely once or twice? :concern: )

P.S. I thought the "24" sketch was clever, between the literal cliff-hanging image and the surprise ending. Although I could guess that the hero would end up unharmed, I didn't know how he'd manage it. (I also liked the twist after the show ended, with the Count deciding to count seconds until the next episode.)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i was just thinking of the number painter films. now there were 6 outdoor films and 4 indoor ones. in the case of the outdoor ones, i wonder if they were all shot in the same day? since sky was mostly cloudy in those though some sun was seen in the 5 and 9 films. the 9 film was pretty interesting because paul is painting it in the middle of a busy intersection and not a side street. matter of fact, seeing the 1st shot of Mac cleaning the street, it sort of looked like Times Square. i call him Mac because it was written in the back of his shirt. i've never have been to New York but i'm sure i've seen pictures of T.S. witch is why i figure that was where it was filmed. but i cannot see them closing the streets in order to paint a 9 in the street and wash it away. i wonder if there were special effects involved in this one and it just looked likr it?
I belong to a forum on US cities and I typed up the film from youtube and somebody said On Beaver St. Near wall St.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
16 skit.

This was from the 90's.

There's a song that went with this. This 1 and 6 meet and become a 16. Song goes something like " 16, 16, 1 and 6 and nothing in between.

Soul H

Reaction score
I remember that. The 16 Samba.

He was a 1 from the country
She was a 6 from the town
He fell in love when he saw her wearing her carnival gown
They had the orchestra playing
It was a key to romance
They made a brand new number when they begin to...dance
16 that's the number I mean
It's 1 and 6 with nothing in between
16 you beautiful number
So great for adding, subtracting, and counting and dancing the samba
16 you honourable queen
You're more to me than 3 and less than 18
I love to write you, see you count you, feel you
I love to write you sweet 16

(At this point the lyrics are sung again but with "Ah"-ing as muppets and animal-muppets dance with the 16)

We love to write you, see you count you, feel you
We love you sweet 16
16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16 etc. etc.

Classic song from 1993.

This was from the 90's.

There's a song that went with this. This 1 and 6 meet and become a 16. Song goes something like " 16, 16, 1 and 6 and nothing in between.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
A 3 Song

A disco sounding song sund by Olivia with AM muppets backing her up.

Song goes like.

3 is so curvey. 3 is so tall. 3 is my favorite number of all.