Talking with kids.

BEAR

Reaction score
Hays said:
I agree completely - it's one of our favorites.

Jerry Nelson's done interviews with kids as other characters as well, right? I think Snuffy and Mumford sometimes talk to kids (at least, after Snuffy came out) He's terrific, too.

Maybe it was Henson's direction that made the older interviews so terrific. I love the interviews on that video where Grover gets kids to explain things to him - especially the little girl explaining why frogs don't like snow.

PS - We also love the Kermit one, but I'd like one that has entire episodes of Muppet Newsflash, rather than the montage.

I don't recall any kid talk spots with Snuffy. Maybe he did, though. The only characters I can think of through the years that have done those are Kermit, Grover, Herry, Cookie, Ernie, Elmo and recently Papa Bear. I think The Count may have done a few too. Any others.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Baby Bear, Kingston Livingston, and Joey and Davey monkey did in the video "Elmo Says Boo!". The kids seemed amused, except for the kid talking to Joey and Davey Monkey.

Here are some more muppets I can think of I've seen talking with kids in the past...

• The Cat Twins (why have I forgotten their names?!)
  • The Red Big-Jawed monster
  • Big Bird, well, I guess that doesn't count, so skip that...
  • Rosita

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Baby Bear, Kingston Livingston, and Joey and Davey monkey did in the video "Elmo Says Boo!". The kids seemed amused, except for the kid talking to Joey and Davey Monkey.

Here are some more muppets I can think of I've seen talking with kids in the past...

• The Cat Twins (why have I forgotten their names?!)
  • The Red Big-Jawed monster
  • Big Bird, well, I guess that doesn't count, so skip that...
  • Rosita
What happened with the monkeys, and also what kinds of things were they talking about in that special? I haven't seen it yet. Is it good?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Chip and Dip, They go together and are a tasty snack, oh....the food, of course.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
What happened with the monkeys, and also what kinds of things were they talking about in that special? I haven't seen it yet. Is it good?
I guess they were just dropped, but they do appear occasionally as Anythiny Muppet monkeys in inserts. TIf the "special' you're refering to is "Elmo Says Boo", it is pretty good, but I wouldn't watch it ALL the time. Elmo visits The Count on Halloween, and through-out the special, The Count and Elmo will exchange halloween-themed, or spooky jokes and riddles. Other inserts were the muppets I mentioned (Baby Bear, Kingston Livingston...) telling jokes to the kids outside in one of Count's towers. Other inserts include: "Transylvania 1-2-3-4-5", "There's a Monster, Name of Frazzle", "We Are All Monsters" (back in the days where Elmo was apart of that little ensemble of monsters), "Doing the Batty Bat", etc.

Chip and Dip, is that the cats' names?

Xerus

Reaction score
There was kind of a talk spot with Snuffy. Snuffy was on the street and didn't know how to recite the alphabet. Then along came a little girl named Julie. Snuffy asked her to help him remember the alphabet. Julie sat down and held his Snuffle and said each letter while Snuffy repeated. Then he thanked Julie and then she went home.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
actually that was Joey. the same girl who kept saying Cookie Monster when saying the alphabet with Kermit.

Hays

Reaction score
I think that's one I remember - also vaguely: did he do one with a red ball, or an apple? This would have been years ago, but I think after everyone could see Snuffy - but still when he had his own set, the alley cul-de-sac.

"Elmo Says Boo" video is one of my son's favorites, though there are others I like better. He likes the corny jokes the monkeys tell (what is a ghost's favorite snack - BOOnannas)

There are also the off-show segments that sometimes show up on morning news programs or cooking shows which include kids - Rosita and Elmo have done Martha Stewart (which was quite funny) and Emeril did a show with kids and Muppets, and they used to appear regularly on the Rosie O'Donnel show, sometimes interacting with kids. I think those went well.