Interesting site with many old, classic pics

PiLfan

Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted before, but if it has my apologies.

check out this web site with quite a few old photos (some color, some b/w) of the original cast members, retired/forgotten muppets, and early, weird-looking versions of the show's main staples. fascinating to see Bob and Linda as they first appeared. big bird kinda looks a little freaky...

http://members.tripod.com/~hooperfan/pics.html

on a side note...those early 70s pics of Maria...day-um, she was fine... :excited:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Er.. alright, I'm gonna ignore the Maria comment.. Haha.

but, thanks for the link.

I have never seen this site before and a lot of the pictures are awesome. A lot of classic "white and black" pictures. I loved the Ernie and Bert with Mr. Hooper picture.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, this site has been around forever, and never gets updated! The webmaster obviously lost of forgot about his/her site if it wasn't last updated in 1998.

PiLfan

Reaction score
anyone notice the mid-80s picture of Gina?...i vaguely remember when she first came on the show (i think around '85), as i had pretty much outgrown the show by that point and only watched from time to time for reminiscing purposes.

looks like she came right out of a Facts of Life episode. :big_grin:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Definitely some cool shots in there- I recognize quite a few from all the records I got.

The one cast shot from 1989- the 20th anniversary- still makes me a little sad. You see Luis and Maria together as a couple, and poor David
waaaaaaaaaaaaaay on the other side, next to Bob's Uncle Wally. And as fate would have it, neither Northern Calloway nor Bill McCutcheon would be long for this world after that photo was shot.

Right now at least they're probably enjoying a cup of coffee with Matt Robinson and Will Lee in that great Corner Store in the Sky. :big_grin:

hooperdusty

Reaction score
It's great that it's still there...

Hi!

The "Hooperfan" site was a labor of love that I did way back when I first got a computer. I was very new to the whole web-page thing, and I lost my information on how to update and all that.

But... I am glad to know that it's still here for everybody to see, and it was my goal to have a Sesame Street site that really celebrated not just the Muppets, but the people as well, and so I posted pics from mountains of newspaper and magazine articles, and the cream of the crop is what is still on the photo page. So, as far as any more rare, candid photos, I really don't have any. So, basically what I wanted to do is still there and I'm glad that a lot of fans have enjoyed it.

Hooperdusty (formerly "hooperfan")

mikebennidict

Reaction score
are you going to try to find out how to get back on tripod again at some point?