TMS Juliet Prowse Pilot

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
No they are not. Only the broadcast version is on the DVD, not the original pilot we are discussing here.
Okay, I got the impression that the original Juliet Prowse pilot was on the DVD since that was newly in the ep guides, but after I reread the posts in this thread, I realize that it came from MTR. Sorry about the confusion.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Muppet Show Original pilot

I was wondering, I watched the dvd. and when it came to Jole Grey episode
Kermit is singing:
:smile: tonight we will feature some stuff will look like this..

was this ment to be from the original theme song?

dwmckim

Reaction score
As i said in the guide, the original opening theme goes on and on and on...

They shortened it (WISELY!) and i suspect the extra verse in the Joel Gray episode (the earliet TMS episode which was not reworked later) was written to kind of consolidate the other verses that were dropped (all the stuff about the show will feature singing and dancing)...but since all it did was show clips that would later appear in the show anyway...this was wisely dropped as well but just left in for this one episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
what frank Oz character did T.R. Rooster sound like?

It is interesting that the original version of the original theme had the line "you'll see the strangest creatures on the muppet show tonight!", since that line is mysteriously included in the theme song in The Muppet Show Book (instead of "it's time to get things started!").

dwmckim

Reaction score
The voice Frank uses for TR is a lot like the one he uses for the jug band member in the Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor number (the one that asks, I don't know, how DO you drive a baby buggy?)

Animal

Reaction score
Thanks for the updated version of the episode guide for season 1, but I have one correction:
The first backstage photo in the Lena Horne guide is actually the same as the first backstage photo from the Vincent Price guide, with Kermit & the three-headed monster!!!
Just thought I would mention this, so it can be correted!!!

:halo: :halo: :halo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
off-topic or not?

I am not sure if this is off-topic or not, but in the episode section on leena Horne, there is one Sesame Street appearance not mentioned.

In this skit, probably from the early-to-mid-1970s, Leena Horne sang the Alphabet Song to the anything muppets (including a jim henson-voiced Fat Blue and farley). This segment is on the video Learning About Letters.

:halo:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Animal said:
The first backstage photo in the Lena Horne guide is actually the same as the first backstage photo from the Vincent Price guide, with Kermit & the three-headed monster!!!
Thank you Hans. The Lena Horne guide has been updated with a new backstage photo.

kermiefan

Reaction score
UK or US?

Are the episodes on the new season one box set the UK versions or the US versions?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
about the opening

I wonder if it would have been a good idea for the opening to have different parts of the original openign in each episode. half of the first season episodes could have the cast singing "it's time to play the music. it's time to dress up right! it's time to raise the curtain on the muppet show tonight!" (funny how in the secodn season it was changed to "it's time to play the music, it's time to dress up right, it's time to get things started", yet in the last season the original line was used again), and the other half could have the cast singing "you'll see the strangest creatures on the muppet show tonight!".

Perhaps shows with guest stars who are know for their singing talents could have sang a line of the song in some epsiodes, and others could have non-singing guest stars scenes done the way they were in other episodes.

Some episodes could have had a joke from fozzie bear, some could have had a song (woudl they have all been sung by wayne and wanda), and others could have a brief dance scene.