The Fabulous Miss Piggy Show

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I was watching an old tape of the Disney Channel the other day, and there was a comercial for The Fabulous Miss Piggy Show, anybody got any details?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It was a special done in the early 80's, I believe. Don't know much else about it though.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yes, it was a special starring Piggy, doing song numbers with famous folks. John Ritter was on it. My copy is pretty poor quality, unfortunately.

By the way, the commercial might be valuable to Muppet video traders. Good find!

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
It was a special done in the early 80's, I believe. Don't know much else about it though.
I can only tell you two things about it: Frank Oz made his directorial debut with that special, and Terry Angus performed Fozzie (go here and scroll down a bit if you don't believe me). :smile:

KermiClown

Reaction score
The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show (1982) was done when Miss Piggy was at the peak of her popularity... around the same time that she released her aerobics album. The program did indeed guest star John Ritter as well as George Hamilton and Tony Clifton (a.k.a. Andy Kaufman). The other Muppets are also on the show as Miss Piggy's production staff in the television control booth.

I have a good copy of this program on DVD. You can check out my collection here:
KermiClown's Muppet Videos

Rowbes

Reaction score
I saw it on video a couple years ago. It was ok. Piggy tries to seduce George Hamilton, and when she misses her curtain cue John Ritter has to do the number dressed as her (complete with fake pig-nose).

I checked it out at the library. Try yours if you want to see it.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I can only tell you two things about it: Frank Oz made his directorial debut with that special, and Terry Angus performed Fozzie (go here and scroll down a bit if you don't believe me). :smile:
Yeah, that's how I even know about the special! :wink:

AAO

Reaction score
Find clips and photos for this show...

I've read up on The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show and it seemed to do well...If you look in Jim Henson: The Works on page 212 and 213, you will see John Ritter dressed as a pig. And if you would like to see a clip get the video, The Works of Jim Henson, which is a great tribute to Henson.