Remember this commerical?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
better explain to those who don't know it was fo Meow Mix Cat Food witch I first saw in the 80s and funny thing they might of revived the jingle again.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh yeah the Meow Mix's myow myow myow myow... Brings to mind Purina cat chow, chow chow chow! And "Don't treat your puppy like a dog dog dog, no, no, no, give him puppy chow." And the 9 lives commercials with Morris.

mikebennidict said:
remember the Starburst commercials? 1 eats a
starburst and blasts off.
Oh yes, an old favorite (the commercial, that is. I was never crazy about the candies. I like Skittles a lot better. :smile: ).
"Starburst fruit (juice?) a burst of refreshing fruit flavor for you. Tastes like mouthwatering orange, strawberry too, luscious lemon and tangy cherry..."

Two other classics: Fruit of the Loom underwear and "You've got ring around the collar!" (the product here is Wisk, right? Heh, the slogan was more familiar then the product!)

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Two other classics: Fruit of the Loom underwear and "You've got ring around the collar!" (the product here is Wisk, right? Heh, the slogan was more familiar then the product!)
ARRRRRGH! Not the Wisk commercials! NOOOOOOOOO! :sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Haha got to you with Mr. Whipple and now Wisk ,eh TA? Let's see what other W commercials might take you up the wall. Well there was Hefty trash bags. Remember the deep voice, "Hefty Hefty Hefty!" Then the weak voice of the competitor: "Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy!"

There was those long running Heinz ketchup ads with the slogan, "It's slow good." Similarly to the Rolaids spells relief ads, as a small child I asked my parents, "It's slow good? Isn't it supposed to be It's so good?"

Oh and the Toys R Us commercials. The 80's brought the famous, "I don't wanna grow up. I'm a toys r us kid.." But I liked and recall the early 70's ones: "The world's biggest toy store is Toys R Us. The biggest selection, Toys R Us!" All had that big giraffe (later ones had the other giraffes too).
There was a Toys R Us store fairly near me in the early 70's and to go there was just WOW! with aisle after aisle of toys. (Only downside: Knowing that I couldn't just pick out EVERYTHING I wanted for my parents to buy for me. Usually limited to just ONE thing per visit! But I got some of my SS stuff there, including the SS finger puppets and the bigger hand puppets (of Ernie, Bert, and even Roosevelt Franklin!)

Ziffel

Reaction score
And another LONG running commercial from the early 70's which I think I saw a few times in the 90's was that, "Lite Brite making things with lighhhht. What a sight making things with Lite Brite." Near the end that guy said, "And with refills, Bugs Bunny and Bozo the Clown"

And remember the more recent, "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" Would you sing, "I'm a little teapot?" Okay. I'm a little teapot short and stout. Here is my handle,here is my spout. Ho, here you go! For that rich and creamy chocolate taste what would you do oo oo for a Klondike Bar?

And does anyone else from around my generation remember a long-running PBS pledge-like speech from the 70's? Maybe it was just for my local PBS station in Maryland, however after I moved to New York in '76 I think I continued to see it. PBS has done many pledge drives, of course, but this particular one was a dark haired man sitting in front of the camera and talking for about ten minutes about the supporting of PBS. Since I was little a lot of the words and concepts went over my head, but I recall some line going something like, "gifts and grants from foundations and other institutions." Anyway, this same one was played a lot for at least several years.

And one more: The 70's Levis jeans commercial:"Leeheeheevis. Leeheeheeheevis. haha. leeheeheeheehee. Leeheeheeheeheeleeheeheeheehee Leeheeheeheeheevis!"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I think most PBS stations have always had there own membership drive but now here's a question. I remember seeing a advertising run durring those droves witch had to have been the work. Henson and his staff. these hillbilly muppet, with 1 playing guitar, the other playing banjo, 1 of them was Henson and I don't know the other guy, and Oz doing the voice of the bass player singing a jingle that went like Let's keep our kids learing on Public TV. To do what they need to for you and for me. can't remember all the lyrics but TEC SS and Mr. Rogers were mentioned in the song.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I was a big Toys R Us kid,still am.I had a record from Toys R Us,one of the stories was Geoffery Giraffe & family in a haunted house,the flip side was Geoffery creating a talking doorbell.

Morris the Cat,finicky 9 Lives cat.

'Dawn' takes grease out of your way.

Sit & Spin

Twister

Big Wheel

ceecee

Reaction score
So we've mentioned the Tootsie Pop, but what about:

Oh, the world looks awful good to me
Cuz Tootsie Rolls are all I see
Whatever it is I think I see
Becomes a Tootsie Roll to me

Tootsie Roll's gotta lotta choclatey chew
Tootie Roll, I think I'm in love with you
Whatever it is I think I see
Becomes a Tootsie Roll to me!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
M&Ms melt in your mouth,not in your hands.

Shrinky Dinks

Baby Alive

Colorforms