Big Bird On Regis & "Kathy Lee"

AAO

Reaction score
I found a tape where Big Bird guested on Regis & Kathy Lee - THAT'S KATHY LEE! LOL .... Anyway, he was wearing his tie and was very funny. He even had Regis and Kelly put on the "Bird-kateer" costumes and they were inducted into Big Bird's fan club. Big Bird even makes a crack at Regis saying: "Oscar always wanted to meet a real grouch." This spot was in either '91 or '92..Big Bird has Kathy Lee and Regis dance to the "Bird-kateer" song. Though Big Bird's singing the song is dubbed on tape, it's still funny to see this event. Big Bird talks about his trips around the world, conducting a sympthy, and other events - even the "Snuffy" ordeal. Kathy Lee though thinks he's still imaginary - whereas Snuffy had finally been revealed to the others. There's also a spot where Big Bird sits on the stool and if you watch very carefully you can tell Caroll is fixing the beak with the left hand for he shifts it left to right a little. At the end of the interview, unlike other guests, Big Bird exits instead of staying out before going to break. Regis also shakes Big Bird's right hand, which by the way doesn't move - unless like in "Journey To Ernie" with green screen or Caroll operates both hands and the head is proped up at an angle.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
He even had Regis and Kelly put on the "Bird-kateer" costumes and they were inducted into Big Bird's fan club.
Actually, I believe you meant to say 'Kelly' instead of 'Kathy Lee' there. I remember that ep. I really wish he'd come back with Kelly hosting the show.

AAO

Reaction score
Yeah! i got so caught up in writing that one section that I said, "Kelly" , and I do wish he'd come back. I've seen Piggy on there a few times and Kermit promoting either 25th Anniversary of the Muppet Show or Piggy talking about The Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie,../

hooperdusty

Reaction score
I have another clip from the mid-90s of Big Bird on "Regis and Kathy Lee" where they were in Hawaii.

I also have a special show that Donahue did promoting the show's 25th anniversary, if anybody's interested.

I also found footage of Oscar on the E! Network, giving his "two cents" on what awards should go to whom..

AAO

Reaction score
Hey! That's really neat! Thanks for the information! :big_grin: