Muppets appearance of TV Land!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I missed most of this one, but occasionally on TV Land, they have commercials that give you behind-the-scenes trivia of certain classic shows. When I tuned in, I saw Nigel stamp onto the screen "Do Not Erase", and then the announcer said something about Kermit. So I assume this was about the fact that in the pilot, Nigel was the host, but later, Kermit resumed the role.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Neat, I'm going to check up their tonight and see if their is anything on the Muppets. I have seen those commercials on there about other shows, first time I've heard anything about the muppets on there. Thanks for the information, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this.

MockMockChef

Reaction score
There showing that right now here in Belgium!To bad I missed alsmost everything, but i'm happy I recorded the end :smile:. They showed pieces of the opening of TMS:S&V, a song between Ethel Merman and Kermit and the ending of the opening theme of The Muppet Show with Juliet Prowse, they also showed an interview with Kermit.
Kermit: "You can send a stripper to my party if you like, it won't affect me because I am appearing naked"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I missed most of this one, but occasionally on TV Land, they have commercials that give you behind-the-scenes trivia of certain classic shows. When I tuned in, I saw Nigel stamp onto the screen "Do Not Erase", and then the announcer said something about Kermit. So I assume this was about the fact that in the pilot, Nigel was the host, but later, Kermit resumed the role.
Now if they could only broadcast TMS, that would be great.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I saw the Muppets on TV Land just the other day. Tom Hill, the president of the channel, did one of his "TV Land to Go" promos and talked about The Muppet Show and pointed out that Nigel was the host of the "Sex and Violence" pilot, later to be replaced by Kermit. :smile: It was a very quick thing, with an ad for The Muppet Show Season 1 DVD, but it was neat to see.