Snuffy - If I was a Cloud

balana

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember a bit more about a SS clip from probably the mid/late 80s. Here's what I remember:

Snuffy comes to visit Big Bird dressed as a cloud. Big Bird asks if he's an inside-out Oreo cookie, and Snuffy responds that he's a cloud. I *think* it was for a play they were doing at Snufflegarden. Then he goes into song (If I was a cloud, way up in the blue...) and they switch between him and Big Bird and a kind of fantasy of Snuffy with the body of a cloud floating around in the sky.

Does anybody remember more about this skit? (Or happen to have an MP3 of it?)

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, this one was on a week or so ago. I loved the song he sang. Snuffy has been given some great numbers to sing. Very catchy and snappy. Very vaudeville. I don't have an MP3 but would also like one. I don't know when exactly it was done, but I am sure it was fairly recent. Too recent to be from the 80s.

hooperdusty

Reaction score
Hi!

I don't have an MP3 of this, but I *do* have the video clip from an incomplete 1987 episode, if you're interested.

Any other clips you might like? Do you want it on DVD or VHS?

Hooperdusty

balana

Reaction score
I appreciate the offer very much, but I don't really have anything I could offer in trade of non-digital media. :/

At any rate, I'm not sure what brought it to mind, but I was just wondering if anybody else remembered it too.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, this one was on a week or so ago. I loved the song he sang. Snuffy has been given some great numbers to sing. Very catchy and snappy. Very vaudeville. I don't have an MP3 but would also like one. I don't know when exactly it was done, but I am sure it was fairly recent. Too recent to be from the 80s.
No. I remember seeing it in the 80s. However, the song was redone this season in the ep "How Many Baloons to Lift Snuffy?" Remember Richard Kind as the balloon fairy. If you can't get an MP3, your next best bet would be to record the episode next time it comes on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen only two bits where Snuffy dressed as a cloud. One was sometime during season 32 I believe where he was practicing for a play for Snufflegarten, in which he was a cloud. As he was practicing, his jumping caused someone to spill coffee all over his costume. He then got so afraid that his mommy would be mad at him and wouldn't let him be in the play anymore.
And the the other one as Daffy said with Richard Kind as the Balloon Fairy. That was an instant classic with me!

balana

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I've seen only two bits where Snuffy dressed as a cloud. One was sometime during season 32 I believe where he was practicing for a play for Snufflegarten, in which he was a cloud. As he was practicing, his jumping caused someone to spill coffee all over his costume. He then got so afraid that his mommy would be mad at him and wouldn't let him be in the play anymore.
And the the other one as Daffy said with Richard Kind as the Balloon Fairy. That was an instant classic with me!
Hmm. I don't think I saw either one of those. But as Daffyfan said, the clip I'm thinking of is from the 80s. Now that I think about it, my Dad probably has it on an old beta tape from around that time, but it's likely hidden under mounds of stuff. :stick_out_tongue:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I'm assuming season 32 was a repeat of the 80s version. They made a whole episode out of that this year, same thing with the "If Moon Were Cookie" bit.