Sesame Street Book Club

fozziefan

Reaction score
Hi

I'm not sure if this belongs on this board or not, but I figured I'd post it here because this is where most of the members seem to be. Anyhow, I've been trying to collect a set of the "Sesame Street Book Club" books that used to come in the mail. I have quite a few, but I was wondering if any of you guys had a definitive list of the entire series so I know what ones I still need.

Thanks for your help! :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
In coming shameless plug!!!

Okay, so this isn't a list per say; but if you are interested; please check out my thread featuring Online Muppet Story Books which have some fantastic Muppet books and a link to Tough Pigs online book club. There are even a few Sesame Street books there. It's some hot dang good stuff! :wink:

ceecee

Reaction score
I have a bunch of the "Sesame Street Book Club" books, but sorry, I don't have a definitive list.

I've started taking up collecting Sesame Street "Little Golden" books. I've been finding them a lot at antique shops and flea markets. I have about 10 so far. I'd be interested in a list of those too.

I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, they are going to get read Sesame Street books a lot! :stick_out_tongue:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I have a huge SS book collection (muppets too) Im trying to collect the full series of the SS library and treasury (wich is the same stuff, reprinted, ive found out) I also have quite a few book club ones, and golden, how bout you put what you have, and if we have something you dont, well add, then try to get a full list that way. (my fav books are the "how to be a grouch, by oscar the grouch" written and ill by Spinny himslef and "the monster at the end of the book" a classic, all fans should own)

I find all mine at grage sales and antique stores

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i have alot of ss books packed awqay for my kids i will have someday

superfan

Reaction score
Would you like the Library, Treasury or On My Way series? I have them all.
No prob to write 'em all down. Just let me know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
book club

I have many of them, and although not a full list, here are some of the books that were part of this "collection". many of them have been sold outside of the book club.

A Day In The Life of Oscar The Grouch
The City Worm and The Country Worm
When I'm as Big as Freddy
the Sesame Street Circus of Opposites
Grovers book of so-so stories
Fooled you, bert!
Don't Forget The Oatmeal
Ernies Neighborhood
The Runaway Soup and other Stories
Big Bird goes to the Carnival
Everyone makes Mistakes
Look What I Found
Monsters, Monsters!
I Have A Friend
The Sesame Street Pet Show

there are others. I just forget the titles of the ones I know about.

superfan

Reaction score
Also included are:
The House That Biff Built
What Did You Bring?
Vegetable Soup
The Sesame Street Pet Show
Grover's Book of Cute Little baby Animals
When is Saturday?
Prairie Dawn's UpsideDown Poem and Other Nonsense from Sesame Street
Farley Goes to the Doctor

Funny how they don't have alist of them in the back as many collections/series do.
Hope that helps a little.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... How could you guys forget?
The one book from the Book Club I searched for and finally got on audio format...

The Count Counts a Party!

And what I remember from my better sighted days is that the Book Club books didn't have a list on the inside cover cause of two reasons.
1 The inside covers featured different SS characters in various poses reading different books. Me thinks some of them were even Mumford and Oscar.
2 The other reason is I believe the Book Club books also had a live cast or character photo on the back inside cover.

The SS Treasury may be a reprint of the SS Library books, but I think there are some added stories/pages in the Treasury not found in the Library.
Hope this helps.

superfan

Reaction score
Yes! Good call, Count! And the Count Counts a Party is in a Treasury book, too. Actually, there's quite a few of the SS Book Club stories contained in the Treasuries.