Muppeteers in Oz Final Scene

Randlev

Reaction score
Muppeteers in Oz Final Scene?

Ok, just watching a little of Muppets' Wizard of Oz here and in the final scene where Dorothy is performing, in the shot of everybody in the Diner watching the show on TV, you can easily see Dave Goelz sitting right below Queen Latifah, and I'm almost positive that the blonde guy next to him is Steve Whitmire. Does anybody know if there are any other muppeteers or Famous Muppet/Henson people in this scene? I can't seem to spot Bill Barretta, but the older, Jim Henson-looking guy in the third row isn't Jerry Nelson, is it? Or is it just a guy who happens to look kind of like Jim Henson, which is interesting in itself. I know Jerry Nelson didn't perform in the film, but would they ask him to come out to check out the production and have a cameo? I'm not sure. If anybody has any more info or could point me in the right direction that'd be great! Thanks!

unclematt

Reaction score
I am never going to sleep tonight. Now I have to watch that.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
the jim henson guy caught me off gaurd i took a double take on that we i first saw it

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yup, Dave and Steve are clearly seen!! I don't know who the other guys are though. Some of them, I believe, are truckers from the opening scene.
I don't remember the Jim Henson Guy, though. **chuckles**

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hope someone can post some screen caps of that shot to look at.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I see Jerry, Dave, and Steve. I think. No one else there that I see. does anyone else see anything moi is not seeing in that pic?

And Is that cowboy liek oen Jerry? or just looks abit like him?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I see Dave, but did Steve really cut his hair? Emmy and Jackie would be shocked! I don't see Jerry in the shot anywhere. I don't think he was involved in that production at all, so I don't think he'd be making an appearance.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok...so, it wasn't Jerry. I was wrong.

Steve cut his hair at their request, and sent locks of hit to them and Sammie-Rose...i think...