Opinions: The end of the Muppet line

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
JUST started! :smile: **hides**

hey gang,

just thought id bump this thread and say this.... I JUST started buying a few of these Muppets palisades figs a few weeks ago, the 3rd week in March 06 (I should have bought a few when I was at the NYC World of Disney Store back in Sep 05, but didnt...now i'm kickin myslef). There great, LOVE EM, bought em from ebay. I bought Muppet Treasure Island Sam Eagle, the 2 boxs of Mini Muppets from Muppet Christmas carol, JUST got my Muppet Penguins in the mail this morning (also from ebay) now I REALLY, really want/looking for Palisades Muppets RAINBOW CONNECTION Kermit. Know I ONLY wana have a few........watch me say that and in like 6months be doin the HOLE line, i'm half broke as is, lol...... :stick_out_tongue: who or what else should i get? anybody?! i need help! should I only buy whats cheap/what i ONLY want/certon muppets?! :smirk: :zany:

Yoda Man

Reaction score
I'd say buy what's cheap and what you like. Most Ebgames that have figures have them down to 3.99 now. That's how I got SMollet and Pops. Anyone want to check their EBgames for me? I'm in need of Sam the Eagle or Sam Arrow!

Reaction score
Please note that any criticism aside, I am so thankful for my Palisades Muppet Figures!

1. who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?
Have to say favorites are all incantations of the swedish chef, the entire band together, the Jim Henson muppet, and Super Grover
Least is most definitely the first attempt at Piggy, the productions like "vaudville" Statler & Waldorf and "police Fozzie", "vacation" everybody, etc.

2. were any figures better/ worse than you expected?
Had no expectations. Wish Janice was better balanced, backstage was better constructed, and Flloyd was not attached to his amp. Loved the detail on the whole line.

3. which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
Sweetums tops all, because his size is relevant. Otherwise, megas don't match the rest of the collection.

4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite?
adventure Kermit was great, because we have a soft spot for Indiana Jones. Santa Swedish chef is also great for holiday decorating!

5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?
Again, don't collect the minis because it's out of scale with the rest of the line, but was dissappointed not to get Mahna Mahna and the Snowths on their own.

6. what is your favorite/ least favorite playset?
Has to be the kitchen set (love that chef), and least favorite was the lab (not like the show). Wish the backstage fit together better and would have loved a stage complete with velvet curtains and balcony.

7. what give-away was your favorite/ least favorite?
Would love to get my hands on that Kermit 7 Piggy wedding favour! How cool would that have been for wedding guests!

8. do you own every Muppets release from palisades?
not including variants and multiples, I'm only missing a few (but thanks to ebay, I will have them eventually.

9. do you own every package variations?
No, and don't ever intend to. When you think about it, wouldn't you rather have a few more essential characters available than double up on the ones you have because their shirt is a different color?

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Just one? Impossible! I would love to see multiple Jim Henson representation in the eesential characters of Sesame Street (we came so close) and the Fraggles, as well as Labrynth and The Dark Crystal.

11. wat is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
Again - not impressed by variants. The only one worth the time was changing the first season Piggy to the long hair style.

12. what are your favorite non-pack-in accessories?
The accesories that really make the figures are all the band instruments/Rowlf's piano, and I love the camera that comes with Kermit (perfect when you put it with the Newsman's studio!) Love the chairs for Statler and Waldorf too.

13. what is your favorite pack-in figure?
Above all love the Dancing Slinkies that first appeared in the original Java scene (although why they came with lips I don't know). The aliens from Koozbane Kermit are great too. All additional characters are important (Camilla with gonzo, Gaffer the cat with Pops, etc.)

14. who are four characters you wish we could have gotten?
Really missing George the Janitor dancing with Mildrid, Hilda the seamstress, and Wayne and Wanda should have come with Sam Eagle. Would have liked a Mahna Mahna & the Snowths without having to go into 2 mini packages

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
Without a doubt most dissappointed about not getting Rowlf, Janice, and Piggy from "Veterinary Hospital". don't know if it was actually sculpted, but heard it was at least proposed as upcoming.

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
Oops, think I answered above question similarily. I have Uncle Deadly from series 10, and he was my fave from the last line.

17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be?
That it hadn't ended, of course. Also, I would much rather ahve more of the different characters that a whole bunch of variants and the same characters done in different ways. who really needs sam the Eagle in a pirate suit anyway? Maybe if everyone sent palisades $2 we could get them back into production - I really want those Seame Street figures!

please answer.[/quote]

minor muppetz

Reaction score
loveswedishchef said:
No, and don't ever intend to. When you think about it, wouldn't you rather have a few more essential characters available than double up on the ones you have because their shirt is a different color?
I'm not sure if this was just a general point about characters, but by packaging variation, I mean having two of the exact same figures just because it was available in two different types of packaging (for example, The Swedish Kitchen was released in both the original red curtain packaging and the later blue packaging). I would have rather had more different characters, both essential (Bobo, Bean) and, for a lack of better term, frivolis (Seymour, Louis Kazagger, some of the frackles).

loveswedishchef said:
10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Just one? Impossible! I would love to see multiple Jim Henson representation in the eesential characters of Sesame Street (we came so close) and the Fraggles, as well as Labrynth and The Dark Crystal.
We also came close to Fraggles (a Gobo Fraggle figure was planned as a surprise figure in series 10, but then Disney bought the Muppets before Gobo could be released).

loveswedishchef said:
Above all love the Dancing Slinkies that first appeared in the original Java scene (although why they came with lips I don't know). The aliens from Koozbane Kermit are great too. All additional characters are important (Camilla with gonzo, Gaffer the cat with Pops, etc.)
The Java muppets were originally going to come with Sal (another character who would have been out of place with the Java Muppets). I don't think there is anybody who would make sense to come with the Java muppets. It was hard to come up with some accessories for Lips, and I guess something else was thought of for Sal and it was decided to have these creatures come with Lips. The only connection I can think of for these characters is that Lips played the trumpet and the Java song heavily featured a trumpet sound. Of course, I think it would have been more appropiate for Lips to have come with one or two Snerfs (considering those creatures had trumpets for noses) or (considering that the packaging said "From The Great Muppet Caper") some bellhop rats.

loveswedishchef said:
Really missing George the Janitor dancing with Mildrid, Hilda the seamstress, and Wayne and Wanda should have come with Sam Eagle. Would have liked a Mahna Mahna & the Snowths without having to go into 2 mini packages
I don't think Sam, Wayne, and Wanda would have all been able to fit togetehr in one package (unless it was an exclusive). Besides, the Sam figure was kind of big anyway. Wayne and Wanda are both average size of the Muppets. Back when Palisades had a pack-in contest, it was said to refrain from nominating any humanoid characters, because those would need full articulation and clothing parts that are made from seperate pieces.

loveswedishchef said:
15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
Without a doubt most dissappointed about not getting Rowlf, Janice, and Piggy from "Veterinary Hospital". don't know if it was actually sculpted, but heard it was at least proposed as upcoming.
They were sculpted. There was a picture at Palisades Toys website in one of the daily bits.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I know this thread is somewhat old, but I'll add to it, since I did love the line so much, :smile: .

My top five favorites, of the ones I have, (not including exclusives) would have to be Janice (S5), S5 Gonzo, Rowlf (S3), Crazy Harry (S2) and Lips (S9).
Least favs would have to be S1 Piggy (for the same reason of it just not as good looking as it could of been). S2 Gonzo (same reason as Piggy), Dr. Phil Van Neauter (S8) (just don't really care for the character all too much), Patorl Bear (S6, just cause I think it S2 Fozzie with a cop uniform paint on), and Statler (S6, not too bad of a figure, just could of look a bit better.)
I think they were all made pretty well, for the most part.
The only one I have in my collection, as of now, is Gonzo.
Sweetums, Uncle Deadly and the Peguins were awesome to have in a Muppet figure collection.
5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?
I enjoy the set with Piggy (I honsetly like the way she looked there) and the Snowths, probably the most.
I only have two palysets: Muppet Labs and Pigs in Space. I guess out of thoes two I like Pigs in Space a bit more.
Hard to say, I do own a few though.
I'm working on it, but as of now, no.
I would rather have the Muppet Show 25th package over the blue package.
Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock.
I just have Floyd Pepper and Clifford.
Rowlf's Piano.
Probably Polly Lobster, I guess.
Spamela Hamderson (just cause I think she would of looked great), Annie Sue (I just don't think you can have too many Muppet pigs and more female power as well), Sal, and any more Muppet monsters (like the pigs, you can't have too many Muppet monsters.)
It would probably have to be Sal.
16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
I was thinking the Muppet Babies would be kind of cool.
That it last longer and we got more Muppets. It's so totally sad that Palisades went of bussiness, for my money, there still one of the best action figures companies ever.

Animal5479

Reaction score
Heres my replies to you list. Thanks for posting it!

Best - At the moment I think its Rowlf from the Playset. Worse - Johnny Fiama. Why did they make three of him? He's Rubbish.

The whole line suprised me with the quality to be honest.

Beaker - Favorite. Camilla - least favorite.

Banditos Chef - favorite. Don't have a least fave.

5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?\

Never liked the mini figures.

Tough one. Least favorite - Pigs in Space. Nothing to do with quality, I just hate Pigs in Space. Favorite - Probably backstage, although, labs, the kitchen and the drum set all get honorable mentions.

Oddly enough I like the Ice Penguins.

No, but I've tried to condense my collection to my faves.

No.

Don't know.

Not a big fan of repaints. They are "original" for a reason.

Please explain questions 12 & 13 (I feel like a ignoramus!)

See above.

I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

Which were planned? I would like to know.

Don't know.

That it had to end.

Desfiy

Reaction score
:smile: Heres my anwsers, love the fact you guys did this.

TOP 5:
Sweetums
Uncle Deadly
Kermit
Floyd
Animal

LEAST 5:
None after that I love them all.

Sweetums was amazing.

Fav - Animal

Least - Camilla

Sweetums, followed closely by Uncle Deadly

5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?\

I havent gotten into these yet, but my fave of what I have seen has to be the Dog Lion.

Fav - All of them

Least - None

The Ice Penguins

No, but one day I will.

No, just concentrating on getting one of each kind not bothered if its a variant or not as long as I have the character.

Seasame Street - Would have loved the Grouch

Not bothered about repaints.

Rowlfs Piano

The Only one I can remember at the min is Polly Lobster.

The Dog Lion, The Count from Sesame Street, Oscar the Grouch, Bean Bunny

Oscar the Grouch

Oscar the Grouch

That someone would pick up the licesence and start producing these again.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to Muppet Central Desfiy. Would like to remind you that Jim Henson's Muppets and Sesame Street were slated to be two different franchise action figure lines to be produced by Palisades Toys. So really, the questionaire above applies only to Jim Henson's Muppets, and all consideration towards Sesame Street should be excluded. When the question asks what other franchise not covered would you have liked to have seen, it refers to other Muppet productions like The Jim Henson Hour, The Christmas Toy, Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas, or other such projects in which core Muppet characters were present, even though just as a cameo.
Now of course, that doesn't mean you can't say you would wish that others like Sesame, Fraggle Rock, Bear etc. were picked up as franchise figure lines. Just trying to help set things straight.

Hope you like your stay here and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

Desfiy

Reaction score
How do you modify what you wrote, now that you have pointed that out to me I would like to go back and modify it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... If you look at the information and links included at both the top and bottom of anyone's posts, including your own, you'll find an "Edit/Delete this message" link at the very end. By clicking on this link, you can then go back and edit or modify your own posts. However, this feature has a built-in time limit that expires after a certain period of time has elapsed. If you can't use the editing posts feature, then simply post a new post. But instead of going through the questions answering them all over again, I'd advise simply to post your newly-changed answers in normal speaking form.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.