Opinions: The end of the Muppet line

beakerfan76

Reaction score
1. who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?
Top 5 (no order): Statler, Dr. Teeth, Uncle Deadly, Zoot, Animal

2. were any figures better/ worse than you expected?
Fozzie was a little less articulated than I thought he could/should be.

3. which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
Mega Beaker is pretty cool. It's like another Muppet Labs experiment gone wrong! :big_grin:

Carmilla was a random mega to make. Sure she'd go well with Gonzo, but still...

4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite?
Favorite- The Dr. Teeth exclusive.

Least favorite-Vanishing cream Fozzie

5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?
I never collected them

6. what is your favorite/ least favorite playset?
Favorite-Backstage. It is the biggest plus it has the most versatility. Besides, most of the Muppets' antics took place backstage.

Least favorite- Electric Mayhem stage. Sure, it looks amazing, but what are the features? Animal sitting at his drumset with the only real interactivity being the lights hanging?

7. what give-away was your favorite/ least favorite?
No opinion

8. do you own every Muppets release from palisades?
Nope, since most of them on eBay are held by price gougers. I'm lucky to have the ones I already possess.

9. do you own every package variations?
If you mean the curtain and blue designs, yes.

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Probably the variants for Rowlf, Janice, and Miss Piggy for Vets. Hospital. I loved that segment and to see it not included with the other segments that got playsets (Muppet Labs, Swedish Chef's kitchen, Pigs in Space) is a shame

11. wat is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
Favorite-Dr. Teeth's exclusive

Least favorite-No opinion

12. what are your favorite pack-in accessories?
All of them. Whether it be Fozzie's microphone stand to Janice's Les Paul, from Floyd's bass to Uncle Deadly's Muppet Ghost, I love them all.

13. what is your favorite pack-in figure?
Does the robot rabbit that came with Bunsen count?

14. who are four characters you wish we could have gotten?
Zoot, Beaker, Lew Zealand, and Patrol Bear

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
I have no knowledge of this, so N/A

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten? Does the Muppet Theater set count?

17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be? I would have made the articulation on the characters more consistent. Characters like Uncle Deadly have loads of articulation, while others like Fozzie have stiff joints.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Top 5: Dr. Phil, Clifford, Dr. Teeth, Crazy Harry, Johhny Fiama...
Your choices are unique and very cool! I'm glad somebody appreciates Dr. Phil and the Johnny records too. You have mighty good taste! :super:

figmental

Reaction score
Top 5: Patrol Bear, Johnny Fiama, Fozzie, Beauregard, Floyd
Least Favorite: Miss Piggy, Stunt Gonzo, Captain Smollett, Kermit, Van Neuter

I thought Patrol Bear was gonna be lame, but he's pretty awesome.

Don't own one... but I might get Sweetums.

I like the Jim (even though his leg broke :sympathy:) and Ghost of Sam Arrow is bad.

Don't own any but I want Mahna Mahna and the Snowths.

Favorite- Kitchen (would be Backstage if I had it), Least Favorite- Muppet Labs

Don't own any, but Gold Tux Gonzo is Schnazzy.

If only...

I don't think so.

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
There wasn't much from the original three Muppet Movies.... were those always in the contract?

Favorite: Blue Floyd or Shifty Sam
Least Favorite: Silver Marvin Suggs.

12. what are your favorite pack-in accessories?
Probably the piano.

Muppaphones!

1. Sal
2. Bobo
3. Bear on Patrol Link Hogthrob
4. Some sort of new Miss Piggy

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting? Probably Sal Minella.

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
I think guest star Muppet likenesses would be the bomb-diggity. And Motorcycle Piggy from GMC would've been a good choice for a new version of her.

17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be? That it didn't end. And that they didn't mess up Stunt Gonzo or Miss Piggy.

MaxGoof

Reaction score
1. Who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?

Favorite:
1. Swedish Chef
2. Sam Eagle
3. Uncle Deadly
4. Frog Scout Robin
5. Zoot

Least Favorite:
1. Miss Piggy
2. Vacation Fozzie
3. Vacation Pepe
4. Superhero Scooter
5. Patrol Bear Fozzie

2. Were any figures better/ worse than you expected?
Series 1 Miss Piggy was really a bad figure. I can't think of anything else in the line that came out that poorly.

3. Which Mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
Beaker was my favorite, but I really don't like that color tuxedo on Gonzo, even if it is classic.

4. What Exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite?
The bext exclusives were unique characters like the Penguins, Frog Scouts, Uncle Deadly, Sweetums, and so forth. I also thought that Vaudeville Statler & Waldorf were hilarious. I HATED the stupid exclusives like Superhero Scooter and Vacation Pepe & Fozzie. I really feel that STUPID exclusives like those contributed to the demise of the line.

5. What Minis are your favorite/ least favorite?

I didn't buy any Minis, though I like that they made Muppet Christmas Carol ones and Snowths/Mahna Mahna.

6. What is your favorite/ least favorite playset?
The Kitchen may be the greatest playset ever made. I don't have the Backstage, but I hope to one day.The Muppet Labs just didn't do it for me, unfortunately. I think that was a bad choice to start the playsets with and ultimately hurt them.

7. What give-away was your favorite/ least favorite?
I like the White Tuxedo Rowlf, though I sadly do not own it.

8. Do you own every Muppets release from palisades?
Heck no.

9. Do you own every package variations?
I don't collect packaged items.

10. What is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Muppet Babies.

11. What is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
Favorite is the Lips repaints. They picked some awesome outfits for him. Pity they're all impossible to find.

Least favorite is blue jacket Rizzo. I really don't know why they made that one at all.

12. What are your favorite non-pack-in accessories?
I really did the trunk that came with frog scout Robin...more so than frog scout Robin himself

13. What is your favorite pack-in figure?
I love the Blue Frogscout that came with Scoutleader Kermit.

14. Who are four characters you wish we could have gotten?
I cry myself to sleep every night that Sal wasn't produced.

My heart still hurts that we didn't get Carl the Big Angry Bunny, the Veterinarian's Hospital cast, and a good naked Robin as well.

15. Of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
Sal. :frown:

16. Of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?

I don't understand the question.

17. If you could change one thing about the line, what would it be?
The line was wonderful. I'd have liked it to last a bit longer and for stores like Wal-Mart and Target to support it more, but it lasted longer than many ever dreamed.

b0bb33z3r

Reaction score
In no particular order:
Favorite:
A. Rocketeer Beeker
B. Indiana Jones Kermit
C. Koozebane Kermit (Because he's the "second" Sesame Street figure we ever got)
D. Santa Claus Swedish Chef
E. Frog Scout Robin

I really don't have least favorites, but Clifford and Phil Van Neuter aren't really high on the list.

Wave 1 Piggy only because she doesn't have the Muppet Fleece look.

3. Which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?

Mega Animal of course... "TESTING!"

Scout Master Kermit and Indiana Jones Kermit

The Snowths because they kinda fit in with the regular line and I have them on display with the regular line.

Believe it or not, but favorite is the Swinetrek set. The reason being is that I use the monitor section as a picture frame and I rotate my various pictures of my and my wife at various Muppet locations. I have a pic of me at the Muppet Fountain in WDW, my wife and I inside the waiting area by Gonzo's gear and outside by the big Kermit gate for Muppet Vision 3D, Next to Jim Henson's signature in concrete and one of me as a 2 year old playing with my Sesame Street Fisher Price Little People toys. I'd really like to go see the Jim Henson statue in the University of Maryland and get a picture with that.

Give-aways?

Nope, the only ones I'm still looking for at some kind of reasonable price are:
Statler
Lips
Stepping out Rowlf

Look up. :insatiable:

I just would have loved to have seen the Sesame Street line make it to production.

I don't like the Floyd with the blue jacket either.

12. what are your favorite non-pack-in accessories?
Non-pack-in-accessory? Aren't they all pack-ins? Ya lost me.

The Frog Scout with comes with Scout Master Kermit

That's easy:
George the Janitor
Frank Oz bass player from the Country Trio
Jerry Nelson guitar player from the Country Trio
Green Frackle

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?

Definitely Dr. Bob, then probably Gobo.

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?

Manha Manha and the Snowths

17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be?

Aside from not having Palisades go out of business and the line ending prematurely? Not much :smile:

Latecomer

Reaction score

My top five favorite figures: Bunsen, Gonzo with camilla, Beaker, Jim Henson, first Fozzie Bear

Least Favorite Figures: Short Hair Piggy, Blue Floyd, Red Zoot, Super Beaker, Vacation Fozzie (and I hate when figures are tacky or sticky)

Except Pepe, I passed on the Muppets Tonight characters; I'm really more into Muppet Show Muppets, but I'm glad those who wanted them got them.

I think Crazy Harry's hair is off. I like Usher Scooter and Scout Robin a lot more than I thought I would. Adventure Kermit and Koozebane Kermit are so much fun!

Sweetums was my favorite. I didn't get any others. I think Camilla was an odd choice.

Adventure Kermita and Jim Henson are my favorites.
My least favorites are the vacation characters and Super Beaker.

Don't own them, but want Mahna Mahna and the Snowths. Don't really care if I ever get the Christmas Carol ones.

Only have Muppet Labs and the Kitchen. I think the kitchen is great and would have passed on the labs without Beaker. Would love the backstage someday.

Never got a give-away. Don't know which ones were giveaways.

8. do you own every Muppets release from palisades? No
9. do you own every package variations? No

I'd like a John Denver!

Pretty much the band variants.

Pops' desk. Statler and Waldorf's chairs. Rizzo's stepping stool. Gonzo trumpet. Zealand's fish. Beauregard mop bucket. Robin's trunk.

Camilla

I'll just say what I wish would have been made instead of breaking it down.

More than the Treasure Island figures, tuxedos, super heroes, or vacation sublines, I wish we would have gotten Muppets dressed in winter (maybe even Victorian) garb for a 12 days of Christmas theme, with a non-muppet sculpt of John Denver. Kermit, Beauregard, Statler+Waldorf, Beaker/Bunsen, Rowlf, Lew, Scooter, Piggy, Robin, Gonzo, Fozzie, John Denver.

I would have loved a standard Mahna Mahna with the Snowths (which I know was coming). I would also have liked a Angus McGonagle.

The band in their purple tuxedos for playing the theme song would have been good new versions of the band.

I know they were going to do a stage playset, which seems a little big to me. But my wife says they should have made a shadow box display case that resembled the arches. Would have been cool, though probably not feasible.

Piggy and Gonzo in their Star Wars outfits would have been neat.

I could go on and on. Blue and Green Frackles. Foo Foo. Nigel the Conductor. Large Doglion. J.P. Grosse. Beautiful Day Monster. Mean Mama. Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson Muppets to complete the trio. George the Janitor. Large Thog. Large Mutation. Wayne. Wanda. Trumpet Girl.

That said, if I can get everything that WAS made that I would still like, I will have a more complete Muppet collection that I ever would have dreamed of. It was so thorough and I can't believe how "obscure" my wish list is. Mahna Mahna, the Snowths, and Angus McGonagle really are the main ones I'd like, but they really are third or fourth tier characters.

I wish major characters like Rowlf and Robin would have gotten a proper release of their standard (naked) selves. Maybe a little Robin packed in with some stairs he could sit halfway down and Rowlf with an upright piano.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Favorites:
1) Capt. Link Hogthrob
2) Janice
3) Usher Scooter
4) Johnny Fiama
5) First Mate Piggy

I really desire most of the figures. No doubts about it.

I've never expected the Johnny Fiama action figure to stand out so well. The details were amazing on the original *pinstriped* version and the other revised figures, even though I could almost never see Johnny in casual brown attire. =P

3. Which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?

I pretty much find the mega figures highly the most detailed. So, none.

Sorry. I don't have an answer... :/

Miss Piggy was adorable in her robe. <3

The S.S Swine Trek and The Electric Mayhem stage is love. :flirt:

Give aways... ?

Nope. Only a few, listed here:
1) Janice
2) First Mate Piggy
3) Johnny Fiama
4) Beauregard
5) Mega Gonzo <3

None.

It'd be cool if Palisades had released action figures, featuring the cast members of the Jim Henson Hour. :3

I really adore the Johnny Fiama and the Janice repaints. <3

Don't have an answer.

I don't know too much about that line.

1) Annie Sue <3
2) Flash
3) Wanda
4) Sal Minella

Sal Minella... ;_; <//3

Don't know.

Nah, it was all good. =3

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score

I've never expected the Johnny Fiama action figure to stand out so well. The details were amazing on the original *pinstriped* version and the other revised figures, even though I could almost never see Johnny in casual brown attire. =P
I've been revisiting the Johnny designs and his little albums recently. Such a fun figure! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looks like some here fans don't know what "give aways" are (and I wonder if I should regret posting that question). "Give aways" are special figures given out at toy conventions and events, to the press and promoters. The give aways never have any new sculpting or accessories, just repainted clothing. I beleive that a number of leftover give aways were available at the Palisades Collectors Club at some point, in some cases as part of a contest to win the chance to buy the figure. The give aways have often popped up on ebay.

Some of the "give away" figures include Invisible Beaker, White Tux Rowlf, and Black Jacket Rizzo. A handful of give aways were given out differently from the others. These include "Wedding of the Century Kermit and Miss Piggy" which was given to guests at Ken Lilly's wedding and Dream Date Gonzo which was sold at some breakfast event.