Noggin is getting rid of 123 Sesame Street

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. Starting August 29th, 123 Sesame Street will no longer be on Noggin. BUT, HOWEVER, they are putting another airing of Play With Me Sesame in it's timeslot at 8:30. I think this MIGHT be because of PBS Sprout launching. I hope we end up getting it on our system.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, it was inevidable! Pretty soon, even Play With Me Sesame will be taken off, and all we'll have is a digital version of Nick Jr.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
no surprise here

I am not really surprised. In fact, i thought that this was already off the Noggin schedule.

Sesame Workshop no longer owns any of Noggin, and will be one of the owners of a new station soon, and I have read that Noggins contract for Sesame Street reruns ends this year anyway, so it would make since for old Sesame Street reruns to be taken off Noggin (and possibly included on the new channel).

Ernie101

Reaction score
Never really got a chance to watch it anyway. Still don't know too much about PBS Sprout, I'm gonna have to read about it on MC later.

emily

Reaction score
Man, Noggin's just getting worse and worse. We LOVE the 123 sesame on noggin (allows us to watch SS 4x a day if need be, without resorting to On Demand or Tivo). I hate all the Nick Jr stuff that's getting moved there. I liked the old stuff - Tiny Planets, and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, etc. Can't stand Dora and Backyardigans! Come on, Noggin, if I've got to watch this stuff with my son, at least make it enjoyable!

Oliver

Reaction score
Does 123 Sesame broadcast classic 60s/70s/80s episodes or is it an entirely new series?