The Gorgs are so underrated

minor muppetz

Reaction score
has anybody noticed that although the Gorgs were major characters on Fraggle Rock, there hasn't been very much Gorg merchandise?

When Jim Henson Video released Fraggle Rock videos in 1993, the gorgs never appeared on any of the video covers. the Doozers got their own video, Fraggle Fun And Doozer Doings, but the Gorgs didn't get a video of their own. The closest thing to a gorg video would be The haunting of castle Gorg, but that's only because of the title.

Hit will be releasing a Fraggle Rock DVD that focuses on Doozer episodes, but there hasn't been any annoucnements for any Gorg-themed DVDs.

here was a compilation video of songs with the doozers called Doozer music, which was only 16 minutes long (way shorter than the 50 minute fraggle songs video) and had some songs that were included on Fraggle Songs, but there was never a compilation video of songs sung by the Gorgs.

As far as I know, there was only one toy of each of the gorgs. they were never made in plush or beanie form. sabbaba toys recently made plsuh toys of four of the five main fraggles and three or two doozers, as well as three doozer PVCs, but sabbaba didn't make any kind of Gorg toys. No dolls, no PVCs, nothing.

back when McDonalds released fraggle rock toys in their happy meals, a test toy of Cotterpin Doozer was made but not released, but there were not even any Gorg toys sculpted, much less released.

What's going on here? :confused: :smirk:

Frags

Reaction score
Hmm - interesting point - yet, strangely true. The Gorgs do appear on the cover of one of the 80's UK 'Big Box' series - but that's about it. And I know you can get PVC Gorg figures - hmm - poor Gorgs.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
My personal opinion? Gorgs are kind of creepy. I mean, I love them, they're fun and sing cool songs, but they're not exactly attractive and they're the bad guys. And most people (collectors excepted) don't like buying unattractive merchandise.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always loved the Gorgs more then the fraggles, they made the atnosphere of FR so fun. Plus I always thought my dad kinda' looked like Pa Gorg.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Plus I always thought my dad kinda' looked like Pa Gorg.
LOL!

Well actually, one of my roommates in college really looked like Junior Gorg.

Really!

He did!

However, he did not seem to love it if you told him so. LOL! :embarrassed:

minor muppetz, that is a very interesting and accurate point. I know there were Gorg PVCs or porcelain or somethin' like 'at, but yeah...and the "Trash Heap Gang" got short-changed, too. Did you know they made a Trash Heap trash can? LOL! :excited: I keep an eye out for one every time I go to flea markets and thrift stores, but I assume they're about as scarce as a perfect blue rollie. *sigh*

While it is sad that FR was shown on limited TV and had smaller merchandise, I'm grateful the show was made, that they did bother to make some merchandise, and that we're finally gettin' The Rock on DVD! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!:excited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
minor muppetz, that is a very interesting and accurate point. I know there were Gorg PVCs or porcelain or somethin' like 'at, but yeah...and the "Trash Heap Gang" got short-changed, too. Did you know they made a Trash Heap trash can?
Oh, I never really thought about whether the trash heap, philo and gunge ever got any merchandise, but the gorgs were more major than they were. besides, they were in the opening while the trash heap wasn't.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hmmm, well it'd be interesting to see how many episodes the Gorgs were in, and how many Marjorie was in. Even if Marjorie wasn't in as many, she could have maybe been referenced more. This would be an interesting comparison.