Puppeteer's Resources Links

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Those aren't the 'correct' things, but you can still use them!

The neat thing about puppet construction is how you can use ANYTHING to make it. So, it's still a valuable resource.

DERogers

Reaction score
The best way I've found to cut foam is with an electric carving knife. It has two blades that move back and forth and makes a very smooth cut. I've found them at yard sales and thrift stores. I seldom pay more than a couple of dollars for them.

As to the kind of foam to use for puppet making, use whatever you can get. For a long while I was hung up trying to get specific kinds of foam because some folks say you shouldn't use poly foam. I finally said phooey on that. I agree that other kinds may be better for longevity but when you are starting out building puppets you just want to get something made.

I went to the local Army Navy store and bought a HUGE bag of scrap poly foam for $20. It's lasting me a long time. I'm experimenting with a lot of different puppet ideas and I don't mind using a lot of this foam because I didn't pay much for it.

propologist

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

So this has been asked before, but here it is again.
What puppet making supplies would you like to see being offered?
Sets of eyes
Raw uncut sheets of eyes
Vacumformed under skulls and body's
Pre-made foam noses
Pre-made foam arms and bodies, etc. etc.
I have had many people ask me were they could find some of these things.
I am making things like this all the time and so are others here like Terry Angus, ProjectPuppets, Puppet Planet and many others.
So If you need some thing contact one of them. They will be more than happy to help you out.

Just trying to help,

Propologist
Mike

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Mike. I've been trying to find some kind of tutorials because I want to make the vaccuformed eyes for Muley and gang--but, obviously not hard enough, huh? It's the internet--I can find anything there, right?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i suggest this thread be remade... if possible... maybe a mod can erase the first post and have a colaberation of all tips and ideas... which would make it easier for someone like me looking for something and having to look in all these pages, to not find what i wanted...

ALSO... the first page has ALOT of links which no longer work.

I'm woundering, instead of making a thread, does someone have a working site that sells noses or how to make specific noses? I'm interested in the Grover, Bert, Homer Honker eggish looking foam balls. I'd imagin that i'd have to carve it myself, which would be a pain... however i own an electric cutting knife for foam.

Thanks

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Heya, Propologist,

Are you planning to make eyes available? If you do, let me know and I'll endorse your product!