Puppeteer's Resources Links

Rosie H

Reaction score
Accessories

Hi, I'm new here, I hope this falls into this category...

For those of you that need small hats, bags etc for you puppets...

This is a great free program that you may find useful, what I do is trace the pattern off the monitor screen to make small puppet/doll sized hats, bags and accessories, hope this helps!

Wild Things

Wild Things!
Hats, Bags, Footwear, and Accessories
Embroidery Planning Tools
Complete Program Help and Sewing Instructions
PRICE: FREE

Noteasybingreen

Reaction score
I'm hoping to eventually create my own Swedish Chef puppet but am wondering how I would go about doing this- i.e. materials that I would need, method in moulding the shapes out of foam etc?

Any tips/resources would be great, thanks! :hungry:

treeman

Reaction score
I have been roped into doing some puppetry by a friend, good fun, although i don't allways admit it......any way, have you seen the price of puppets here in the UK ? well i had a look at them and in true fashion i thought ' i can make one of these ' £15 later...i now have two home made puppets. What i found is ...use a foam football or rugby ball for the head shape, cut out the lower section for the jaw and .....hey presto ! easy peasy, then some spray glue and fleece and your half way there.

Reaction score
Does anyone have tips/tutorials on wigs? I'm working off of the Project Puppet Roly, and on a male puppet...so the female wigs from Build-a-Bear are out.

BigByrd

Reaction score
Sculpt or Coat Alternative

I may have found the alternative to sculpt or coat. the product is called LIQUITEX Gloss Heavy Gel. ive been researching for a while now, and i think this is the closest. its easier to find and easier to order try www.hobbylobby.com

HauntedPuppet

Reaction score
Does anyone have tips/tutorials on wigs? I'm working off of the Project Puppet Roly, and on a male puppet...so the female wigs from Build-a-Bear are out.
If you have the rolly pattern I have a mod to that pattern to create hair from long pile fur (it is a new template that fits with the old template) and is an easy sew on step that retains the muppet style look. I can send this mod to you if you desire, just leave a PM.

Peace :smile: