Something I noticed with the Muppets

BEAR

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
I think it's just sort of them kind of patting themselves on the back. Like, "Hey, that was a nice song we just sang, yeah, that worked really well" type of thing. Sort of acknowledging to themselves that the song was good and is over.

This to me is the greatest idea as to why they do it and it makes perfect sense to me. I too have always noticed this but never thought all that much about it. I think Rowlf does it the most after he plays the piano. To me, it is simply just a "that was a lovely moment we shared. Thanks."

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
its just the way they bow. Its just one of those things the muppets do.

G-MAN

Reaction score
That's funny, I remember wondering about that when I saw the clip for That Old Black Magic from Sam And Friends (You know Kermitina, or whoever he was with the black wig, nodding his/her head at the end of the song), but I've never really noticed it since then, I'll use this as an excuse to watch my Muppet Show Season 1 Box Set again and check it out.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think it's a sign of approval, and I've noticed that forever, too.

Strangely, it's affected my own puppetry that at the end of a song, my puppets nod (if they don't take a bow or go jumping into the air--all 3 being Muppety influences).

Also, whey they sing along with someone else, my puppets are also caught saying, "Oh, yeah." or "that's nice." Other Muppety influences.

Reaction score
Bobbleheads

I always took it as a stylized "YAY" self-congratulatory thing. Nobody in real life does this (nod head w/ mouth open to convey excitement) but somehow or another, it reads perfectly well in the Muppets.

When I performed Audrey II, I did that with the little "Grow For Me" puppet after its growth spurt.

Hey - it's my first post! Yay! (nods head, mouth open!)

:smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hey, Welcome welcome Mad Man Mooney! A lovely first post, and here's to many more!