Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, I was kidding about the bad jokes part.

Gang, if you get any info on Toronto, please let me know! Also, if you're going to Toronto and arrange an after auditions dinner, send me the details and I'll post them in the Toronto Info Section in post #1 of this thread!

Jinx

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a really great time! I am so glad that we were able to be together as much as we were.

The second "Storyteller" program was Death and the Soldier with those really amazing devil puppets. It would have been nice if the Q&A had been longer, but the lady from the museum seemed very concerned that it was so close to closing time that she rushed things a bit. But Brian was extremely gracious and did indeed take his time with each person he spoke to, myself included.

The dinner was so great, but I think that next time we need to have "social hour" before to be able to mill about some more. Sitting at the table tends to confine conversations a little bit to the people closest to you, and of course there is just never enough time to get in all the chatting you want to. I think that a fan con would be a great idea!

The actual audition really seemed secondary to the time spent with "old friends who've just met"! Because after all, "peoples is peoples"!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree! Time spent with friends was most important. But, you all know me, I love my friends!!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in here with a "Me, too!", "Me, too!". I also had a great time meeting everyone. And I agree with Jinx, it's a shame there wasn't more time to mingle. I think we practically closed the restaurant. There was only one other couple eating in the main dining room when we left. The owner was also sitting down to eat.

Even though we were noisy, I think the staff enojyed having us. I know our server had to be happy... we left her a huge tip on top of the one they had already added to the bill.

But I have to tell you, in case you haven't figured it out from reading his posts here, Fozzie is truly a terrific guy! We had a great time, laughing and joking and doing funny characters. I took him on a whirlwind Hollywood tour, showing him all the studios and backlots (the "Friends" fountain and original "Bewitched" house are right across the street from me). I even took him past the Henson Company Studio so Muley could get his picture with Charlie Chaplin Kermit. And he got a sneak preview of the Wall Sculpture at the Academy that's being dedicated tomorrow.

I found the audition process somewhat demeaning and disappointing, but meeting everyone was an absolute joy!

:stick_out_tongue:

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
I found the audition process somewhat demeaning and disappointing, but meeting everyone was an absolute joy!:stick_out_tongue:
Just curious what was demeaning and disappointing?

I'm happy to hear other than that you had a great time.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I love the Muppets, and I love Disney, and it's still my dream to build my career with them.

:smile:
Anthony

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Keep in mind that they do read these boards. I was told at the MTR by some folks that even THEY read these boards! If you want to work at the Muppets/Disney, etc, I would suggest to everyone that you keep the posts better than maybe a little-slight negative so next time you'll have a star next to your name and not an "x!" :smile:

After all, there are still opportunities to make it to Toronto to audition.

PS: Todd, if you read this, please call me back with the Toronto information as soon as you can so I can update the site for folks going there. Thanks, Kevin in Memphis. :wink:

Ryan

Reaction score
Treelo said:
Hey Fozzie - how'd you manage to snag a photo with the puppet?
Yeah, that may not be a good idea. After all, as you said, the Muppet and Disney people read the boards.