Gas Prices out of control

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
A $1.20!?!?! We're at $2.60!!!

Unfortunately, this really never does work, and even if it did, it would mean that everyone would fill up the day before or after, making record high sales, so it really doesn't do crap.

The really sick thing is that this is all speculation. The rise in prices however is starting to choke retail sales; bad timing considering the holiday season is right around the corner. Take also into consideration that most retail stores make anywhere between 25 to 60% of their annual sales in December. Either way; the American economy is going to take a hit and we'll slip into a recession.
No Vic, 1.20$ a litre, not a gallon. And it's canadian money.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh, 'tis fine. Wish I could figure out how much that would be american, but there's too many variables... **thinks**

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Gas just shot up to $2.79 USD here in Kansas City. I really hope that prices drop after the holiday weekend. I agree with Vic that a boycott would not work simply because people would buy all their gas the day before or day after and the end result would be the same: moths will be flying from our billfolds whilst oil companies say "Cha-ching!" I want to develop a way to get cars to run on a mixture of air and water. No wait, then someone would just find a way to charge us for breathing, so nevermind.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Gas here in Dallas Texas is 2.65. It's really bad. I miss the good ol days of pnly paying 1.50 for gas. Gas prices need to come down now.

ryan

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
When I first started driving 7 years ago, some stations around my city were having "gas wars" and gas came down as low as....brace yourselves....

.98! 98 cents for a gallon! It only lasted about a summer and then got up over a dollar again, but it was amazing.

Right now, the highest price I saw was $2.59. I filled up today because some places are now posting about $2.80 because of darn old Katrina. Unfortunatly, gas is a necessity for those who drive, so I just learn to deal with it. Oh well.