Save the Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daylight

Reaction score
This thread is stickied for those who are interested in the discussion as to the possible outcomes of having second tier performers performing the Muppets. The editorials contained within the site are those of the fan community who feel that having second tier performers might be a down-fall for the Muppets characters, but while titled "Save the Muppets," it is indeed actually discussing the use of second tier performers in projects rather than the performers we all recognize (Steve, Dave, Bill, Jerry, etc). The discussion is still up in the air and actually is two-sided by the fan community who, while some oppose it, others (not necessarily agree, but) understand it. While discussing this thread, keep an open mind, do not be inflamatory in your remarks, and weigh both sides of the discussion when asserting your options.
Thought I'd bring this to people's attention since no one else has brought it up yet.

http://savethemuppets.com/

Disney has a plan of the type that will give muppet fans nightmares so it's time for another fan protest.

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow! I really liked reading this article. I want to be able to help. I'm so glad this was posted. Thank you! :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Holly crap! This is awful! They can't do this!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Holy crap, this is the thing we as Mupept fans feared. a big NO THANK YOU to Disney for even considering this.

My friends, if this happens it will truly be the end of Muppetdom as we know it.
Witht he exception of a few interchangable characters, the Muppets are by and large who they are because of the personality of the performer. It is absolutely anathema to this paradigm to allow anything else. My gosh, and here I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the Disease company.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Our brothers and Sisters here at Muppet Central may be the people you are attacking with this THE AUDITIONS ARE FOR CRUISE SHIPS AND FILLERS IN MOVIES AND SHOWS THE MUPPETERS STILL DO THE INTERVIEWS AND MAIN SHOWS

JUST THINK BEFORE YOU SPEW OUT THIS PROPAGANDA

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
The article is also off-base when it says that there's a strict policy that "each Muppet character can only be performed by his or her specific puppeteer." Many of the characters have been rotated around and done by different puppeteers. Also, many times a character is perfromed by a different puppeteer and then their voice is later dubbed over.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I've read Kynan’s website. I see what he's saying. But none of us know what Disney is truly planning... and neither does Kynan for us to support his cause.

As a Muppet forum group, once we see the final results of Disney's actions, then as a group we can complain about it or compliment Disney on the results of it.

Once we see what Disney has created, then we can complain or praise Disney's actions.

Many of you have seen Disney shows live and I would say you came away from the experience feeling better for it. So I say, let’s give Disney a chance to prove themselves.

I understand Kynan's point of view, I truly do. But there are such big problems in this world from problems like Katrina, drugs, loneliness, to abuse (and personal problems in our own families) that to make this a problem or a cause seems so insignificant when one sees the world’s problems.

Even if one is picked to be an occasional Muppeteer, that occasional Muppeteer cannot deny his joy of saying that they made a child smile and for that brief moment in time, that occasional Muppeteer proved his worth.

I’m not saying Kynan is neither right nor wrong. I’m just saying let’s see the final results of Disney’s actions before anyone starts a letter campaign. It’s only fair.

Peace.

MWoO

Reaction score
If there are other performers for the characters, who is to say the original performers won't be tossed aside for cheaper labor? It's a slippery slope.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
But why should they? They only have one voice for Mickey Mouse. They only have one Donald Duck. They only have one Pooh. Why should they have multiple voices for Kermit?

Status
Not open for further replies.