"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
yeah but would it really suprise you if they did?
no I wouldn't be lol shame really...:sympathy: the muppets deserve more than this....perhaps its just not the right time to bring them back the world isn't really a muppety world anymore but let me just say where ever I go I spread muppet cheer and quotes and spred my muppetness with people hehe
I work at a night club as an avaunt guard performer and most of my looks have been inspired by muppets also :smile: so the muppets are never far from my life atleast.:crazy:

Frogster

Reaction score
Hey, all we can do is hope for the best. I know I may seem like I've been bashing the Muppets a lot, but when I look at my Palisades collection, I think, you know, they made characters like Beauregard, Link, Lew Zealand, Marvin Suggs, and even Sweetums. And I think, if they can do this, maybe they can do more. Maybe not now, but in the future, at a more appropriate time, and it'll be the same again. All we have to do is keep hope alive.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Frogster said:
All we have to do is keep hope alive.
You know, I think that's all we can do, ever, for anything. It's the most important thing. Especially when it comes to the Muppets, whose optimism and general outlook on the world embody hope, I think it's important to keep believing.

Marky

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Hey, all we can do is hope for the best. I know I may seem like I've been bashing the Muppets a lot, but when I look at my Palisades collection, I think, you know, they made characters like Beauregard, Link, Lew Zealand, Marvin Suggs, and even Sweetums. And I think, if they can do this, maybe they can do more. Maybe not now, but in the future, at a more appropriate time, and it'll be the same again. All we have to do is keep hope alive.
Unfortunately, A plethora of different figures hope for quality muppet shows does not make.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
You know, I think that's all we can do, ever, for anything. It's the most important thing. Especially when it comes to the Muppets, whose optimism and general outlook on the world embody hope, I think it's important to keep believing.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I'm so happy someone finally understands my point of view on things and you have NO idea how long I've waited to see who amongst us has actually learned from the lessons of the Muppets and Jim!

Thank you for making me realize I'm not alone!

swinetrekkie

Reaction score
Hallelujah! I BELIEVE!

Joyful hope is the essence of the Muppets, and we can't forget that. I've believed since the TMS went off the air, and I'm not going to stop now. It can never be the same again, but I believe that the Muppet traditions and style WILL keep going.

If I have to wait a few more years, well...even I can be patient.

That said, if we wait too much longer I'm going to start feeling like part of a Millenial cult, but waiting for Kermit's Second Coming. (Obviously, as a 'millenial' cult we'll have to wait another 994 years.)

maxdrive

Reaction score
I hope this mini series will bring back to life the muppets

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Thank you for making me realize I'm not alone!
Always a pleasure. I love the kind of people and ideas this site can bring together!

:smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Were all here for the muppets and if we keep putting them down because of one or two characters that haven't been on for a long long time well were just going to have to wait and hope to see them again but I'll wait forever until they bring them to TV again. Give me a Hallelujah!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Now, I've not had the pleasure of reading every single post in this thread. But has anyone thought of this?

I don't know if it's people doing puppets, or the puppets are going to be shown as "real-life" as they are. I'm betting it's the latter. But my first thought was this!

What if Skeeter came onto production, and Adult Skeeter as a muppet, not realizing just who was hosting the show and everything?

Just a crazy thought flitting across my head. It probably wouldn't work, because:

1. She's techinally not canon.

2. I doubt we'll see hide nor hair of Scooter on the show at all.

Also, I swear to Jim and all that is right, if I happen to see Pepe...and not include Scooter as well, I will scream so loud everyone on this darned board will hear me roar.

Uh, that's all for my rant/thought/musing. :wink: